X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tjh392
    replied
    Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
    How do I explain in letters of one syllable to a guy how to remove a dispute.

He raised it out of having misunderstood something and got the disc the same day. It was tracked and all that and has been delivered. He's gone as far as saying on the dispute page that it arrived but he won't take it down and a significant amount of cash is tied up.

As far as I can see my options are
    a) to escalate to a dispute and hope Payapl see sense or
    b) wait till it lapses in another 10 days.

I've tried explaining but he has said he can't see and as far as he's concerned the moneys gone from his account so its nothing to do with him anymore. I assume there's a "cancel dispute" button somewhere and have said as much but no joy.

The only upside is the long term want I was gonna buy on discogs has sold. So I don't need the cash right now.

Exactly the same thing I'm going through right now.

I've just been badgering the buyer telling them to cancel the item not received case, hopefully they'll cancel it soon. That's the quickest option as trying to go through eBay / PayPal about it will take forever.

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    It was a private sale.

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied
    Was this sale thru ebay? I don't know if it's exactly the same situation but I had a block put on a sale jusr recently because a case was opened for non-delivery. It had been sent tracked and marked as delivered over a week before the case was opened. I responded with the tracking details, got no response from the buyer. The case then lapsed after 10(?) days and money was released.

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    started a topic tedious paypal question #47

tedious paypal question #47

How do I explain in letters of one syllable to a guy how to remove a dispute.

He raised it out of having misunderstood something and got the disc the same day. It was tracked and all that and has been delivered. He's gone as far as saying on the dispute page that it arrived but he won't take it down and a significant amount of cash is tied up.

As far as I can see my options are
    a) to escalate to a dispute and hope Payapl see sense or
    b) wait till it lapses in another 10 days.

I've tried explaining but he has said he can't see and as far as he's concerned the moneys gone from his account so its nothing to do with him anymore. I assume there's a "cancel dispute" button somewhere and have said as much but no joy.

The only upside is the long term want I was gonna buy on discogs has sold. So I don't need the cash right now.
Working...
X