Mr Fox - The Gypsy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Fox - The Gypsy

Saw this in a charity yesterday, unfortunately priced up at £14..... seems like it is the OG press though.

So, any opinions ? I'm certainly at home to y'r Pentangle etc.... or is this a bit more straight up folky ?
    Matt Hero

buy it! it's brilliant, quite dark, great vocals and one fuzztastic track amongst the Pentangley stuff. £14 is dead cheap too if it's in good nick....

We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Thanks John.... I'll pop and get it on the way home if it's still there then.

Yay, something to listen to over the weekend
      Matt Hero

Comment

Has it been reissued?
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
          Has it been reissued?
          think so. there's also a CD reissue of the first two albums, which Selectadisc had for 2.99. first is self titled - John charted it a while back

Comment

Oh, it was £12 in the end.... and thanks again John, really enjoying it so far.
            Matt Hero

Comment

there is a later press (it might be a 'fanclub' one) the OG has ultra-shiny foil on the front (like annette peacock) the later one hasnt.

i gave this LP away to a really good mate about 5 mins after i bought it. needless to say i never see him anymore.

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER MY MATE 'ANNA' FROM THE FIRST MANC V.V. NIGHT?
              'MR FOX' WERE HER AUNTIE AND UNCLE.
              kraut rock ist nicht tot!
              http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
              http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

Originally posted by DOKO*ENO
                there is a later press (it might be a 'fanclub' one) the OG has ultra-shiny foil on the front (like annette peacock) the later one hasnt.

i gave this LP away to a really good mate about 5 mins after i bought it. needless to say i never see him anymore.

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER MY MATE 'ANNA' FROM THE FIRST MANC V.V. NIGHT?
                'MR FOX' WERE HER AUNTIE AND UNCLE.
                Oh, ok then..... well no foil, so it must be a later press. Purple on white label though. 'Mendle' is breathtaking, worth every penny.

Oh, and those of us who now crave Banana Whirls obviously remember Anna !
                Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by DOKO*ENO
                  surely that's the other LP, just called 'Mr Fox', with the silver sleeve?
                  We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Working...
                  X