I'll Keep On Holding On Covers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll Keep On Holding On Covers ?

Okay. The other night I had a dream about the song "I'll Keep On Holding On" in my dream a band who looked like The Action but wasn't did a version of this great record but slowed it right down it and it was magnificent. Obviously there is The Action's version, The Marvelettes (original?), and Billy Jones version but are there any more ?
    - - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one

http://www.mixcloud.com/paulhillery/

Originally posted by pH View Post
    Okay. The other night I had a dream about the song "I'll Keep On Holding On" in my dream a band who looked like The Action but wasn't did a version of this great record but slowed it right down it and it was magnificent. Obviously there is The Action's version, The Marvelettes (original?), and Billy Jones version but are there any more ?
    There was another UK cover by The Incas which also appeared on Parlophone at around the same time as The Action's. It's pretty mediocre unfortunately. The A side was a fairly respectable cover of the Marriott/Lane song "One Night Stand".
    Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

The Chords!
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

"Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
          The Chords!
          I had a revival band in the back of my mind but was thinking of the Purple Hearts !
          - - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one

http://www.mixcloud.com/paulhillery/

Comment

Working...
          X