No announcement yet.

Moody The Gentle Rain Artist or Title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moody The Gentle Rain Artist or Title?

People on Discogs can't seem to make their mind up, I always though the group was called "Moody" and the title was called The Gentle Rain.

https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/714312?page=1
    Moody
    44.44%
    The Gentle Rain
    55.56%

<embarrassed face>

Even dug out the old B-Music mag with Mr Divine's interview, and it's no clearer.

Comment

The Gentle Rain is a Luiz Bonfa standard featured on the lp.
      I don´t know many groups named after songs, but I know loads of EZ lps titled after them
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

If Polydor were following their usual label protocol (title on top, tracklisting, artist on bottom) - then it's 'Moody' by The Gentle Rain

Comment

yeah, moody is first and biggest on the cover. got to be Moody
          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I always thought Moody by The Gentle Rain. Thats what I always thought.

Comment

Amazon have the remastered cd (some shiny disc thing?) listed as The Gentle Rain for the artist.

Comment

Don´t worry tjh392. If this comes down to a fight I've got your back.

We'll stride into battle chanting "MOO-DY! THE ARTIST IS CALLED MOODY!" to the tune of the Specials A Message To You

Then we'll give them chinese burns and nipple cripples until they sing it and change their Discogs listings too.
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                  The Gentle Rain is a Luiz Bonfa standard featured on the lp.
                  I don´t know many groups named after songs, but I know loads of EZ lps titled after them
                  Exactly, seems weird.

Originally posted by babycart

Don´t worry tjh392. If this comes down to a fight I've got your back.

We'll stride into battle chanting "MOO-DY! THE ARTIST IS CALLED MOODY!" to the tune of the Specials A Message To You

Then we'll give them chinese burns and nipple cripples until they sing it and change their Discogs listings too.
                  Will this nip twizzling event be held in Lanzarote?

Comment

Originally posted by tjh392 View Post
                    Will this nip twizzling event be held in Lanzarote?
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I remember I had the same confusion for years over the Certain Lions & Tigers/Soul Condor LP.

Here's some label scans....on all of the Circle of Sound releases it's always title top then artist underneath the tracklisting...

Comment

Originally posted by IAN View Post
                        I remember I had the same confusion for years over the Certain Lions & Tigers/Soul Condor LP.

Here's some label scans....on all of the Circle of Sound releases it's always title top then artist underneath the tracklisting...

Bah. You can prove anything with empirical facts and incontrovertible visual evidence.

Don´t forget to print out both those label scans on stiff cardboard TO PROTECT YOUR NIPPLES.
                        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I wrote that feature a long time ago. But if it wasn't even clear what the group was called, then that's a bit of an embarassing oversight! It hadn't even occurred to me there even WAS any confusion, but since there's a song called The Gentle Rain and NO song called Moody, I can sort of understand it. Although, as Ian's label scans point out, the artist is quite clearly The Gentle Rain...
                          Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by IAN View Post

That didn't take long! I only scanned Moody this morning

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                              Is giving wedgies an Olympic sport now...?
                              "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X