EU membership - the important issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU membership - the important issue

A horrible thought struck me today as I received a silver card throught the door advising me I had a £16 customs charge to pay on a £40 record from Australia. Will we be subject to customs charges from EU countries if we leave?

I believe it depends on the model negotiated. I think Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Turkey all have varying degrees of free trade with Europe while being outside the EU. And we are a much bigger trading partner than them, so hopefully...

Comment

Kinda depends on how the rest of EU feels after being slagged off for the next few weeks. They may well be inclined to make the process of renegotiation rather difficult.

Comment

And who can blame them if that proves to be the case?
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

As much as I understand frustrations with the EU (which is by no way limited to British citizens) - calls for leaving the EU is to me tantamount to saying the project "European Union" is beyond recovery, which I feel is uncalled for and cynical.
          Easy Sounds channel
          Easy Sounds blog

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
            And who can blame them if that proves to be the case?
            Wouldn't blame them at all. I'll be voting In myself.

Comment

We need one of those polls creating specifically for this board.

I'm in myself and I don't care who knows it. (and that's not saying I don't think the EU is a bureaucratic mess used by some for their own advantage.)
              Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Originally posted by amidar View Post
                We need one of those polls creating specifically for this board.

I'm in myself and I don't care who knows it. (and that's not saying I don't think the EU is a bureaucratic mess used by some for their own advantage.)
                My thoughts exactly , then again our own democratic process doesn't bear to much scrutiny either.

Comment

I just look at the "outers", and listen to their flag waving, little islander, we are a great nation arguments, and that alone is enough to galvanize my wish to stay in. I don't go much for the scaremongering on both sides of the argument. It's a shame it has to descend into such sensationalist politicizing. Can't we be a little bit grown up about what is one of the most important decisions to affect us and future generations, both here and abroad? Still, if we did leave, we can always rely on the special relationship with......potentially Donald Trump FFS!!!!! Can't we?

Comment

Originally posted by DerekJ View Post
                    Kinda depends on how the rest of EU feels after being slagged off for the next few weeks. They may well be inclined to make the process of renegotiation rather difficult.
                    More than that, they'll be very keen to dissuade other countries from leaving, too.
                    A Brexit will also almost certainly weaken the pound short-term and leave UK plussers sharing a falafel between four and scrabbling in the 50 cent boxes at Utrecht.

For me the most depressing thing is that, even if the UK votes to remain, the problems won´t go away. Britain will still be seeking further special status and concessions from an organisation whose members are heartily sick of British pleading.

As for the UK debate, I think it's been appalling. Here in Spain, euro-scepticism is mainly a left-wing phenomenon, and it's based on achieving reform rather than disengagement. I've barely heard that argument at all from the UK. Instead it's just Tory big beasts clashing heads, compromised Blairites convincing no one and the odd peep from Corbyn, Sturgeon or Lucas.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Just look at those who want out - Farrage, Fox, Gove, Johnson etc. And an endorsement from Trump. Fucking nightmare. Europe is our only defence against a right wing government in power in perpetuity. ANYTHING is better than having these people in government.
                      Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

Sharing the knowledge on 45s is a given at Utrecht. You'd have to fight me for my falafels though

Comment

Yep exactly my thoughts the likes of 'Trump' are dangerous although I dare say he wouldn't have a clue if he became the most powerful man in the world. His slogans aren't as easy to carry through as he thinks. My Wife is reading 'Mein Kampf' (yep tell me about it!?!?!?) she said substitute 'Musilim' for 'Jew' and youv'e got exactly whats going on right now with 'Trump', 'Farage' et all. Maybe she's being a bit over the top I don't know all I know is the stirring of this pot of hatred is sending my country which I love down the toilet. I cant even wave the flag because it aligns me with a bunch of racist toss pots these are not the people that made, make the UK great in fact if you asked half of them they probably wouldn't have a clue.

I just see misery, the mundane and concrete. Positivity is few and far between and Politicians speak in riddles. I agree Paul cant we just have the facts instead of a load of sensationalist bollocks and yep Derek your'e not wrong.

I just look at the "outers", and listen to their flag waving, little islander, we are a great nation arguments, and that alone is enough to galvanize my wish to stay in. I don't go much for the scaremongering on both sides of the argument. It's a shame it has to descend into such sensationalist politicizing. Can't we be a little bit grown up about what is one of the most important decisions to affect us and future generations, both here and abroad? Still, if we did leave, we can always rely on the special relationship with......potentially Donald Trump FFS!!!!! Can't we?
                          Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Whats most important to me is, can I still play gigs in Europe and get paid and not need a visa?
                            who will answer that? should I write to David Cameron?
                            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Sharing the knowledge on 45s is a given at Utrecht. You'd have to fight me for my falafels though
                              You will have to show your passport when buying the aforementioned falafel's at the fair in future - non-EU members will be subject to the new falafel tax...

Export limits are to be set on non-EU members vinyl purchase at Utrecht to four 45's, three 10", one 12" and two LPs, However CD & tape purchases will be unlimited ;-)
                              "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Working...
                              X