X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Expensive Discogs Sale

http://pitchfork.com/news/65374-rare...ogs-sale-ever/

"Rare David Bowie LP Is Most Expensive Discogs Sale Ever
    First pressing of the self-titled LP, later renamed Space Oddity, sold for $6,826"

I'm guessing the price was 6000 Euros?

Hope the buyer has an LP sized safety deposit box to stash it away in ...
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I'm baffled - was it a test pressing? Did it have an alternative sleeve design? Was it the Australian (rarest), South African or New Zealand pressing? The first UK pressing would struggle to fetch £1k in totally mint condition, and often goes for half that...
      Must grade overall visually at least as Good minus!!! (graded STRICTLY to the UK RRPG standards, not overgraded AT ALL!!!)

Comment

Obviously a bad time to pick up Bowie rarities
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by glengowla View Post
          I'm baffled - was it a test pressing? Did it have an alternative sleeve design? Was it the Australian (rarest), South African or New Zealand pressing? The first UK pressing would struggle to fetch £1k in totally mint condition, and often goes for half that...
          If you click on the price in the article it takes you to the Discogs list of most expensive. Turns out to be the UK press!!!!!!
          The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
          Vault mint

Comment

The brilliant thing about Discogs is the way it shows you the sale prices (well, low/mid/high at least) and the date of last sale. I noticed after Bowie died that the asking prices shot up, but the sales didn't usually quite follow. So I thought Discogs buyers were maybe not so gullible as the eBay crowd. Guess that's not quite universally true...

Comment

Yeah, that eBay crowd are a right old bunch of thingumejigs.....wouldn't catch me buying anything on there. Or Discogs! Help, I don't know which gang I'm in now
              Strange observation Sam. Out of interest, how did you arrive at that?

Comment

Heh :-) Purely that everyone knows about eBay and so when a popular artist dies, the wannabe collectors hit it straight away. Not very scientific, I admit.

Comment

You're probably right there Sam, I'm quite surprised at how many people have never even heard of Discogs when I mention it. I probably shouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                    You're probably right there Sam, I'm quite surprised at how many people have never even heard of Discogs when I mention it. I probably shouldn't be.
                    Same here, a lot of the people i speak to haven't heard of Discogs.....weird, hard to miss as it comes top in Google searches
                    The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
                    Vault mint

Comment

Very few of the 50+ age range record dealers/guys I know are aware of Discogs or at least aren't members.

10 years ago or whenever it was I started using Discogs that was understandable as it was very much 'dance music' based.

I try and limit my mentioning of it to them for obvious reasons.
                      "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

I know quite a few charity shops who price via ebay, theyll say things like 'Its on ebay for 40 pounds' Yeah but no ones bought the bloody thing have they. I could put my own saliva on ebay for 1000 pounds doubt it would sell unless someone wants to clone me or frame me for a crime.

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                        Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Prices similarly went nuts for a bit with Prince. I sold a CD with a cracked cover for $60 (?!).

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            The brilliant thing about Discogs is the way it shows you the sale prices (well, low/mid/high at least) and the date of last sale. I noticed after Bowie died that the asking prices shot up, but the sales didn't usually quite follow. So I thought Discogs buyers were maybe not so gullible as the eBay crowd. Guess that's not quite universally true...
                            It's worth checking the sales details though to see the descriptions, sometimes abnormally high prices are for a signed copy or one with special inserts etc, that the seller hasn't bothered making a new release in the database for.

Comment

I wonder how many pages in until you find a listing based on reality.

Discogs sorted by price in Euro.
                              https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?so...c&currency=EUR
                              All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Working...
                              X