Bengt-Arne Wallin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengt-Arne Wallin?

At a place out-of-my way today I saw an LP called "Swedes in Jazzland" (?). From memory the tracklist looks very like Wallin's "Jazz From Sweden" (see discogs) - but way earlier than 1974. Late 50's/early 60's? Possibly on Philips.

I am pretty sure the first track was the same. The sleeve notes singled out that track and the last track as having more of a Swedish component (the last track was a trad Swedish tune?).

Anything special?
    Last edited by Grim Lounge Cowboy; 04-06-2016, 12:59 PM. Reason: More info

But I think the 1974 LP Jazz From Sweden is a budget comp. of material released on a series of EPs in late 50's titled Jazz From Sweden. I'm sure it has been re-packaged a few times.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Ta.

Probably worth investigating further, then. The issue being that there is little there that is cheap. And the round trip is well over an hour.

Comment

So, it's probably this. Hard to read the sleeve notes, but from what I can see the overlapping tracks seem to be from the Jazz from Sweden sessions.
        https://www.discogs.com/Various-Swed...elease/4441919
        "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

So, it's probably this. Hard to read the sleeve notes, but from what I can see the overlapping tracks seem to be from the Jazz from Sweden sessions.
          https://www.discogs.com/Various-Swed...elease/4441919

Comment

I think this one had a different sleeve. More white in it. Though perhaps not that dissimilar in general composition. And when I first saw the list of tracks on "Jazz from Sweden" they looked very familiar.

It will be a while before I go there again. Difficult to cram an (up to) hour and a half round trip into my weekend housework schedule.

Any thoughts on the music?
            Last edited by Grim Lounge Cowboy; 07-06-2016, 01:05 PM. Reason: Though perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by Funktionnaire View Post
              I think this one had a different sleeve. More white in it. Though perhaps not that dissimilar in general composition. And when I first saw the list of tracks on "Jazz from Sweden" they looked very familiar.

It will be a while before I go there again. Difficult to cram an (up to) hour and a half round trip into my weekend housework schedule.

Any thoughts on the music?
              Have a look here:
              http://www.birkajazz.com/archive/sweden_2.htm

Comment

Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
                Fantastic site. Thanks for that
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                X