Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me some genuinely obscure and literally mind-blowing avantgarde/experimental jazz records you have or wish you had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me some genuinely obscure and literally mind-blowing avantgarde/experimental jazz records you have or wish you had

Now there is a gap between my avantgarde/experimental/unearthly jazz and the knowledge about it. I got some records I think fair reps of the subgenre and thus movingly recommend others have a go at, so it makes sense to namedrop a few:

Nenad Jelić / Laza Ristovski ‎– Opera - cool, uncanny, dark vibes

Valentina Ponomaryova - Temptation - my biggest and longest eargasm ever to be prompted by an avantgard record on Melodiya!

V. Ganelinas, V. Tarasovas, V. Čekasinas ‎– Con Anima - This one must be better known here. A cornerstone of free jazz improvisation to my still insatiable mind.

That being said above, I wonder what other records of similar capacity and efficiency the board members hold in high esteem and can tip me off.

Alex
    DANCE TO THE RADIO

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Now that`s a riveting nut cracker for me! Carefully filed and made wanted. Any other off-the-cuff pointers are much appreciated, folks.
      DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

I rate this double.... not rare but great

https://www.discogs.com/Muun-Music-U...elease/2368823
        sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Masahiko Togashi & Mototeru Takagi "Isolation" (Columbia) – there is a cheapish reissue

There are no clips on-line, but it is the score to Masao Adachi’s “A.K.A Serial Killer” – no need to panic over ultra-violence it’s kind of arty documentary style thing – so much so that the first time I saw it (less the subtitles) I thought it was a travel film – although the honking and skronking jazz didn’t seem to suggest so…

Abe-Toyozumi Duo “Overhang-Party: A Memorial To Kaoru Abe” (ALM-Uranoia) – proper bloke falling down a staircase with a set of drums and various bits of brass sort of sound… it's not that cheap, but worth the cash ;-)

"It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Yes! Will do a bit of research now, perhaps Soulseek will be of help. Masao Adachi’s “A.K.A Serial Killer” is like a slow molten toffy...that score jazz leaking throughout the flick. So impressive!
            DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
              proper bloke falling down a staircase with a set of drums and various bits of brass sort of sound…

Comment

Working...
              X