Recent pressings on MPO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent pressings on MPO

I received Friday the Mr Bongo Arthur Verocai remastered lp, anyway they've pressed it at mpo other bongo releases I own are pressed elsewhere and look and play really well. The Verocai sounds great and confirms my speculation that the luv n haight issue I own was mastered by dj types ie big bass big drums compressed etc... The bongo version is really delicate percussively and the separation of all the instruments is superb. However, the disc looks like shit! Loads of greying and smudge marks. I have 6 Lps pressed at mpo in the last 12 months and they all have this grey patchy look.

Anyone know what this is ? I will just return every record I buy if its pressed at mpo as vinyl should not look like this surely.

Anyone care to add on why the discs look like this would be appreciated.

Mpo seem as shoddy as pirate press and gz and that's a shame as a lot of great looking and sounding records were pressed there in the past.

I just stumbled upon the Verocrai repress and was planning on grabbing it too, might need to reconsider. Dont actually know if I own any MPO pressed records, but I read a piece on GZ the other day which also mentioned something along those lines. Surprising, as its such an enormous outfit you would expect them to know better..
    Hip-Hop: https://soundcloud.com/beater-pan

Everything else: https://mixcloud.com/beater-pan

Instagram: http://instagram.com/beater_pan

Comment

An album doomed from the start apparently most originals were lost in a fire ; it's now on a third official re-press and nobody has managed to provide a copy without problems.

Comment

I've been told that the grey patchy look (if we mean the same thing) is from the record being sleeved too early, as in when it's still warm. No idea if that's true but sounds like something a plant would do these days due to the huge backlogs they have.
        Just had my next release arrive from MPO with a touch of the grey patchy look, but they sound absolutely amazing. First time i've used them.

Just to add that we could all get super wonderful German pressed vinyl, but the costs and minimum orders are a deal breaker for small labels like mine.
        The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
        Vault mint

Comment

I have noticed this Lee.
          And not just on Bongo stuff ...
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Ant
            any details on your next release?
            I bought the prosiect cerddorol you released which is very good.
            cheers
            Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by leebrady View Post
              An album doomed from the start apparently most originals were lost in a fire ; it's now on a third official re-press and nobody has managed to provide a copy without problems.
              Isnt the Bongo version based on the original Continental tapes? Anyway, decided to order it now. If as you mentioned the sound is good then I guess I could live with a bit of a suboptimal look, even though if this isnt the first issue suffering from this Im surprised they havent gotten or reacted to any bad feedback about this (or were just too reluctant to change up their production process to let the vinyl cool off longer..)
              Hip-Hop: https://soundcloud.com/beater-pan

Everything else: https://mixcloud.com/beater-pan

Instagram: http://instagram.com/beater_pan

Comment

Originally posted by Beater Pan View Post
                Isnt the Bongo version based on the original Continental tapes? Anyway, decided to order it now. If as you mentioned the sound is good then I guess I could live with a bit of a suboptimal look, even though if this isnt the first issue suffering from this Im surprised they havent gotten or reacted to any bad feedback about this (or were just too reluctant to change up their production process to let the vinyl cool off longer..)
                Well it's remastered by Verocai so I guess it's as close to his original vision as we're ever going to hear the label reproduction isn't convincing but I can live with that. I wasn't discouraging anyone to buy this incredible record my issue is with post-production pressing issues.

Comment

Originally posted by geoff whitfield View Post
                  Ant
                  cheers
                  Geoff
                  Thanks for your support Geoff, much appreciated.
                  The next one is world's apart, a 5 track garage punk 12" EP by Liverpool's Strange Collective. You can find the title track Super Touchy on Soundcloud and the video for Heavy on Youtube

Vault mint

Comment

Ant
                    cheers
                    Geoff
                    Cheers for buying the Prosiect Cerddorol INCA record Geoff. PM me your address and an additional goodie will be sent to you
                    sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Ant
                      cheers
                      Geoff
                      Thanks for buying the Prosiect Cerddorol INCA 45 Geoff. Much appreciated
                      sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Thanks

Ant
                        cheers
                        Geoff
                        Thanks for buying the Prosiect Cerddorol INCA 45 Geoff. Much appreciated
                        sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Originally posted by antwhiplash2 View Post
                          Thanks for your support Geoff, much appreciated.
                          The next one is world's apart, a 5 track garage punk 12" EP by Liverpool's Strange Collective. You can find the title track Super Touchy on Soundcloud and the video for Heavy on Youtube
                          WHOAH! Heavy........WHAT a tune! Will be grabbing that.
                          Everyone tear down your own little wall
                          That keeps you from being a part of it all
                          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                            WHOAH! Heavy........WHAT a tune! Will be grabbing that.
                            Thanks mate, 'tis a tune and a half!
                            Really appreciate your continued support

Vault mint

Comment

Wasn't the Polysom issue of the verocai lp off master tapes?

I wish more labels made the effort Music Matters put into theirs, far and away the best quality pressings/mastering I've heard:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/ga...-music-matters

Comment

Working...
                              X