X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Sunstone's new Trappist Afterland LP arrived this morning. It's like a slowly meandering stream in a wooded valley. Pointless to use musical comparisons as it seems to have numerous parallels whilst existing in a place all it's own. I particularly like the 'Treehouse By The Shore/Afterlander' pairing. The whole thing is completely unforced, and quite exquisite and, for reasons I can't fathom given the first LP flew off the shelves, and that there are only 150 of these, there are still copies available.
    Thanks as always for the kind words and for buying it of course !!
    It's flown out it this one ...

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Sunstone's new Trappist Afterland LP arrived this morning. It's like a slowly meandering stream in a wooded valley. Pointless to use musical comparisons as it seems to have numerous parallels whilst existing in a place all it's own. I particularly like the 'Treehouse By The Shore/Afterlander' pairing. The whole thing is completely unforced, and quite exquisite and, for reasons I can't fathom given the first LP flew off the shelves, and that there are only 150 of these, there are still copies available.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Further Cardiacs releases on vinyl continue at a pace. They aint cheap but at least you know the money goes to a great cause. Out now first two hundred are numbered http://abc-mary.myshopify.com/collec...oducts/guns-lp, not their best but contains some classic/genius tracks such as:

and there is no 'the'

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Anytime Nige mate

Leave a comment:

• Campag Record
    replied
    Didn't know the Simian Paul....sounds very nice.

I'd just recently been checking things out on the Sugarbush label and both The Junipers and The Greek Theatre releases have left a great impression on me.

Speaking of the Greek Theatre I need to speak to you Sie.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Not heard them before but I wasn't surprised to find out they have been around for a while it sounds a really polished piece of work, beautiful harmonies and well written songs.

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    On my way Sie Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Paul ... their previous album is quite something too ... both on Sugarbush .

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    That sounds lovely Nige. Great recommendation which I will be picking up. Without stealing your thunder, it reminds me of a terrific album from some years back by Simian called Chemistry Is What You Are.
    Allow me sir.....give it a chance, it opens out into a beautiful soundscape

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Its a work of genius Nige

Leave a comment:

• Campag Record
    replied

Loving this new LP from The Junipers. If you like 60's pop/soft psych ala' Chad & Jeremy Cabbages & Kings then this is for you.

Leave a comment:

• Campag Record
    replied

Loving this new LP from The Junipers. If you like 60's pop/soft psych ala' Chad & Jeremy Cabbages & Kings then this is for you.

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    Originally posted by priima View Post
    thank you, good to hear!

yes, we took "store" down temporarily, but direct sales can be arranged by email or message
    talking of which, Martin, please check your PMs

Leave a comment:

• priima
    replied
    Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
    Will you be selling it direct? Can't see anything on the frotee.net site
    thank you, good to hear!

yes, we took "store" down temporarily, but direct sales can be arranged by email or message

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    Originally posted by priima View Post
    I did this and it's already in some shops, cheapest is Piccadilly

http://soundcloud.com/froteerecords/...009-valgusesse

Valgusesse - 8 shiny tracks from Estonian Radio archive (Frotee FRO009 LP)

some nice soft soul, aor, jazz, ambient from Estonia, all previously unreleased.
    I haven't really posted about my Frotee releases here, there isn't any fuzz guitar on them : ) I still think it's nice music, maybe someone is into it.
    Will you be selling it direct? Can't see anything on the frotee.net site

Leave a comment:

Working...
X