Record shops in Osaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record shops in Osaka

Can any of you kind fellows help me out. My son is travelling in Japan at the moment. He will be in Osaka from tomorrow for a few days and has asked me if i can get recommendations for good record shops in the city.

Any help greatly appreciated second hand shops or shops that stock new indie/punk stuff both fine for him.

cheers

Derek

MPFlapp did a good write up on Osaka. Should be in the Digger's Guide somewhere, or on the Soul Safari blog.
    There is a branch of Disk Union there now, too.
    https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
    https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
    https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

Thanks Plainstone, found it in Diggers Guide, have passed the info on to my lad.

I'm now off to sulk for a few days while he fulfils one of my ambitions. Better bring me back a some nice vinyl for fathers day.

Derek

Comment

Indie/punk stuff in Osaka? Timebomb should be a good bet http://www.timebomb.co.jp/index_en.php

Hope he brings you back something nice

Comment

Originally posted by paulfromcamden View Post
          Indie/punk stuff in Osaka? Timebomb should be a good bet http://www.timebomb.co.jp/index_en.php

Hope he brings you back something nice
          Thanks Paul , passed the info on to him. Derek

Comment

If anyone is interest I have two extended write-ups on Tokyo and Osaka area I can post on the Diggers threads... they were for Soul Safari, but the auto post went a bit pear shaped - curator was on South Africa - cut and paste mishap meant the previous years post went out instead... they have a decent shop and bar update...
            "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
              If anyone is interest I have two extended write-ups on Tokyo and Osaka area I can post on the Diggers threads... they were for Soul Safari, but the auto post went a bit pear shaped - curator was on South Africa - cut and paste mishap meant the previous years post went out instead... they have a decent shop and bar update...
              Would be helpful my lad will be back in Tokyo later on for some digging there.

Comment

Sorry, missed this:

Disk Union, definitely
                K-West in Umeda for interesting cheap stuff
                King Kong, Maru Building, also Umeda (Tower Records also there)
                Disc JJ in Dai-3 Building (but he'll get completely lost in there)
                Maru ka Batsu in Yotsubashi area

Also tell him to go to Shitennouji flea market (near Tennouji) early a.m. on the 21st ... there's always records there

A bit more notice and I'd have been able to take him round ...

Originally posted by DerekJ View Post
                Can any of you kind fellows help me out. My son is travelling in Japan at the moment. He will be in Osaka from tomorrow for a few days and has asked me if i can get recommendations for good record shops in the city.

Any help greatly appreciated second hand shops or shops that stock new indie/punk stuff both fine for him.

cheers

Derek
                "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I'd be interested in this too - I hope to get back to Tokyo one day... though I'm also bone idle and tend to just do a tour of various Disk Unions...

Comment

Written for a blog so they are wordy

The Tokyo one is here - this one is the description of a day out with Herr Plainstone - I have to admit to being a bit hammered after the Tokyo day out ;-)

The Osaka one is here - a summary if a few days out - more relaxed - less of hangover
                    Last edited by MPFlapp; 20-06-2016, 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Written for a blog so they are wordy

The Tokyo one is here - this one is the description of a day out with Herr Plainstone - I have to admin to being a bit hammered after the Tokyo day out ;-)

The Osaka one is here - a summary if a few days out - more relaxed - less of hangover
                      Thanks for that. Derek

Comment

A pleasure to share the spots... the Tokyo bars are recommended...

World Kitchen Baobab - http://wk-baobab.com/ - does a fine range of food - varied music programme almost daily...

The African Feeling guys have an event on @ Bar Cheeky, Kichijoji here - this Saturday June. 25 - fine mix of some things they play over here

Comment

I hope your son found some good stuff while in Osaka. The flea market I mentioned was crap this month on account of the bad weather. We were lucky it was held at all.

Originally posted by DerekJ View Post
                          Would be helpful my lad will be back in Tokyo later on for some digging there.
                          "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                            I hope your son found some good stuff while in Osaka. The flea market I mentioned was crap this month on account of the bad weather. We were lucky it was held at all.
                            He still hasn't reached Osaka yet is in Funomine? Got sidetracked but will reach Osaka sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X