somethin big Burt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somethin big Burt

What's the burt bacharach lp that has the song something big on covered by jim o rourke
    on eureka I was told it last night but forgot the name!

Great cover that! As used on a British Gas advert wasn't it?

No idea on the LP though!
    Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Dean Martin 'Something Big' OST ????

I'd love to know too! I've got Burt's version on the Karminsky Bros comp 'Espresso' and it's one of my Bacharach faves.

Someone told me it's from an early 70's Dean Martin film called 'Something Big.' If there's a soundtrack Lp.....
      <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Living Together

Well bugger me!! 12 hours after writing the above and.....I return from an otherwise t-h-i-n- local car boot with a copy of...... :

'Living Together' A&M 1973 - produced by Burt and Phil Ramone with 'Something Big' being the first track! Big portrait of a greying Burt on the cover.

Haven't had time to play it yet and Easter family 'do's' beckon but there are three tracks on there I haven't heard before...the rest being selections from the doomed 'Lost Horizons' LP.

And a photo of Burt on the label itself just to underline his status as 'the only songwriter who doesn't look like a dentist' or whatever it was that Marlene said about him.
        <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Working...
        X