The Equals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Equals

I know there is a lot of love for The Equals around these parts so thought some of you may be interested in this - a nice profile of the band (which takes its title, and the band's high point from an ace cheap 45 that I first heard mentioned here):

http://pitchfork.com/features/articl...nd-the-equals/
    Mixes, compilations and the like

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
    I know there is a lot of love for The Equals around these parts so thought some of you may be interested in this - a nice profile of the band (which takes its title, and the band's high point from an ace cheap 45 that I first heard mentioned here):

http://pitchfork.com/features/articl...nd-the-equals/
    Lovely to see them getting props, but Eddy Grant is all over the Born Ya album which includes his brilliant Funky Like A Train ...so that bit is wrong ....what else ? !
    "Cover condition:Is perfect except on back cover theres an area of dirty smudge dont know what it is and covers a bit wrinkled which im sure could be flattened out"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...6018553&type=3

Comment

Jason Duncan of So What is finalising his book on The Equals. Really looking forward to it.
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Thanks for the link, interesting read. Found the mentioned 45 earlier this year and was blown by it. I went back here to search and found it had indeed been mentioned here, but probably mostly before my time.
        I'll be looking for more Equals, what else to get besides Baby Come Back / Police On my Back?
        ------------------------------------------------------
        "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Skies above, I can see but you don't know and stand up and be counted all great and relatively inexpensive ...

Comment

And obviously Black Skinned Blue Eyed Boys (I think I got a spare recently though its barely worth posting as not hard to find).
            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
              And obviously Black Skinned Blue Eyed Boys (I think I got a spare recently though its barely worth posting as not hard to find).
              Yes, that's the one i meant. Found one on President earlier this year, picked up a spare on Lightning Old Gold this weekend, there's always someone you need to enlighten
              ------------------------------------------------------
              "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Anyone got the Zambia export single 😉
                ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
                  Anyone got the Zambia export single ��
                  There are 4 Zambian export 45s. 'I'm A Poor Man' being the best.
                  new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
                    There are 4 Zambian export 45s. 'I'm A Poor Man' being the best.
                    I have that one. What are the other 3 Col?
                    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                      I have that one. What are the other 3 Col?
                      All those at the bottom of the list, with the ZAM catalogue numbers.
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Cheers Rich.

I was hoping that 'Granny Granny' might have been amongst them. Ah well.
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                          Cheers Rich.

I was hoping that 'Granny Granny' might have been amongst them. Ah well.
                          That would have been good. ...After leaping to the conclusion that ZAM stands for Zambia, a quick Google tells me that the band toured there in 1970. I wonder who the local supports were?
                          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                          X