The Things that Moulded Us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Things that Moulded Us...

So anyway...imagine the scenerio if you will...chomping on Easter Eggs..five years old,peepers spying Dad putting a round black circle on a spinning thing...then as if by magic i hear the tell tale hiss and hum...can't remember what was played but it didnt matter did it...saw Mum and Dad smiling

Me...crazy dancing...playing with Action Man...swinging it round and round...getting giddy...then accidently letting go

WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!!! ...

Suddenly Commando becomes first of his Squadron into space (well the ceiling anyway)...then like the back of my Dad's hand moments later...he comes down from his artexed orbit with an amplified THWACKk K k Kk

I Know instantly i've done something wrong ...the look on their faces compounded by the fact that the music has now stopped

S I L E N C E and then...a quick recall makes me realise that they'd already prophesied this to happen...

"Stop Spinning Around...You'll get dizzy!" and "You'll break something!!"
    Two phrases that i should have heeded...but at five the last thing you want to do is stop doing something that makes you happy....i know whats coming now...... i can feel it already....hairs on back of head expectant...tensing up now....
    W h A c KKKkkkk ! ! ! !(it always comes in slow motion doesnt it?)

The old familiar lip tremble...covered in Easter egg chocolate...the choke at the back of the throat...the eyes now...ready to burst....

" Am Am.... sniff sniff...Am AM Sor...Sniffle SORRY"

Then the Boo Hooing...the shushing...the old rubbing back of head by Mum...helping to slow down the wails...turning the volume down to barely a sniffle now
    The Not to do that Again Mental Notetaking that yes, did happen quite alot at that age...kicks in
    Hysteria now over...slowly begining to realise that it didnt hurt that much i see something across the room..something that i recognised...something and everything...the whole point of this narrative...I see for the first time as if somehow the spinning about and the whack on my head have enabled me to crystal ball the whole future ahead of me...i see the future me

He's sat there...arms stretched out a little...delicately holding the record up near the window...he tilts it towards him and pulls a funny face...
    To me he looks funny...what's he doing?

It's not a book so he can't be reading it...

I study him...he studies it...

I don't even realise i'm sat on my mums knee...or that she's even hugging me...i'm just locked into it...
    The whole bloody thing had me hypnotised...i noticed not just his face...eyes narrow and squinting a little which by the way had me chuckling a bit...but the sunlit pattern which was cast on the wall...then the ceiling...then again the wall...moving in synchronicity with the way he tilted the disc too and fro...what was he doing?

He looks over and clocks me straight away and catches me now laughing at him playing with this crazy new toy...

"Mummy...What's Daddy doing?"

Before she can answer he starts to laugh...he puts the record down carefully and walks over lifting me up toward the record player...

He then inadevertantly to him, but now in retrospect quite obviously to me,changes EVERYTHING

I'm shown at five years old how to put on a record...

The very reason i'm on this board...the very reason that amongst my heroes are Dj's and Musicians....the very reason for pretty much everything i ever was,am and will be was borne into the world that Easter morning...

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
    Country be dyin like poor people do
    Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Mental note: Cadbury's and Action Man is better than acid.

Happy easter mate!
    Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Very good story. Excellent in fact.

h a p p y e a s t e r
      I'll tell you what............. What.
      What ?

Comment

Working...
      X