200 Best Songs of the 1970s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 Best Songs of the 1970s

...from Pitchfork. Interesting list I think? Would Donnie and Joe have ever been on there without Waxidermy I wonder? Tom Ze, Milton Nasciemento, Faust and Todd Rundgren all in there...

It's good to see a list based on aesthetic choices rather than sales for a change, regardless of the fact it was probably thrown together by 5 people.

http://pitchfork.com/features/lists-...-of-the-1970s/
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Probably a few more than 5 though.

"As voted by our full time staff and contributors, these are Pitchfork's 200 best songs of the 1970s."
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Would The Equals “Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys” have ever been on there without verygoodplus I wonder?
      fixed.
      All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Where is is Mr Giant Man? Or any James Last for that matter?
        All the Wolpertingers

Comment

It all gets a bit towards the top 40. Fleetwood Mac are still the enemy as far as me and the Reynolds Girls are concerned.

Asia, Africa, Eastern and Southern Europe, Australasia - 1 Fela song. (I wouldn´t have picked Zombie either)

South and central America = Brazil
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
            It all gets a bit towards the top 40. Fleetwood Mac are still the enemy as far as me and the Reynolds Girls are concerned.
            Good to see Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" up at no. 4 though - that tune hit like a bolt from the blue during the Summer of 1977...

Comment

I'm surprised at how much i like that list.

Comment

Considering the amount of boxes ticked I was surprised by the absence of any Cockney Rebel - makes me wonder if they made it over the pond.

It is a very NOW list despite the number of Mojo classics - I doubt the exact same records would have been selected at any point between December 1979 and last week.

Comment

wao ... awesome collection

Comment

Working...
                  X