This weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend!

My oh my the weekends are not long enough.

Very nice to meet si cheeba, rich hero, bongolia, pokester again! The victoria fair was dry as a bone for me (everyone else loved it! I mustn't be digging hard enough...)

Can I just say I got there first (10am ish) and I had the most minging hangover ever.

All I got was -

two daptone 7's (they were two quid each)
    Fantasic sound - the shadows of your smile (free)
    Band of gold (Circle of sound) (free)
    Phanton - Divine Comedy (tenner) - Reissue of a mad prog lp. Heavy stuff.
    Alan Hawkshaw Plays The philicorda (six quid). This was a £8 but the old boy marked it down!! I wasnt arguing. This isnt so bad - spinning wheel is fairly funky.

Then onto haggle.

Horst Kruger Band S/T (Amiga) - one track kind of rock with some nice synths. (£15 - too much but I had to buy something)

Haggle had some great stuff. Dieter Reith 'Knock out'...I was so tempted but it was 40 sheets and Im pretty sure I can find one a little cheaper in utrecht.

I checked out a nelson riddle lp on basf and all was big band apart from one track where it smokes on the hammond. This was £20 and again it will be a few euro if I get hunting.

Then on saturday night me and pokester went out on the razzle dazzle to hear vincent kiswell dj. He played an amazing set of latin, funk and library. We got pretty darn drunk - left maybe 4am!

Then today we met up at 11am!! for coffee and to trade records. We sat in this little coffee place by carnaby st - it had a lovely little garden! We had it to ourselves for a while, chatted, listened to stuff on the GP3 and sobered up.

Pokester and Vince brought siiiiick records. Stuff I could only dream about. Pokee gave me some very cool free 45's! and vince sold me the library with 'sand and rain' by nancy holloway.

Then I had to go into work till 8! Yes on a sunday! So I did that, watched the show about looting of museums in iraq and now Im eating pizza and listening to the loungey moments of the alan hawkshaw lp!

Goodnite
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Alright Serm  

I&#39;ve had a couple of grand weekends this past month finding records and so this weekend I decided to give diggin&#39; a break and go do something different instead... Friday night we enjoyed a pleasant summer evening at the Quayside in Newcastle, Saturday we checked out the Test Match in Durham and drank several pints of cold beer whilst getting very lobsta red in the sunshine &#33;

Sunday weather was shite and so only the indoor booter was busy - came away with a Nina Simone LP on Dutch Fontana, but that was my lot...

Spent the afternoon listening to the rain and completed the update, again apologies to all that we held back a week on ya&#33;

No telly tonight, just wine, a woman and song  

p.s. bumped into Towny in Safeway havin&#39; his brekkie on Sunday morning - the words &quot;battered&quot; and &quot;casualty&quot; spring to mind &#33;

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Big thank to Sermad for introducing himself (and introducing me to the other guys) at the record fair, and what a good record fair it was, a bit pricey but its nice to see one with some good dealers, down my way its mainly mainstream dealers.
      I did&#39;nt stay in london for the night as I was totaly knackered after gettin too drunk and having very little sleep the night before.
      Went round Soho and found a few current hip hop bits Im after. Wanted to get a tee shirt or two but I found nothing to my taste, I thought the designs by Bape, Supreme, ect were awfull. Shame I could have bought more records.

cheers
      parkz
      www.soundclick.com/bboyparkz

Comment

Nice one Pokester/Parkz/etc - the brief meeting at Victoria was good to put faces to names and all that...

I&#39;ll post up what I came home with when I get a minute - t&#39;was mainly a small stack of tasty 45s...for a change ?&#33;

Comment

hey no worries mr parkz. I actually didnt say I met in my previous post&#33; Talk about scatterbrain.

yeah you looked like you were enjoying the fair&#33; Good on you my son

Comment

Sermad - was that Nelson Riddle &quot;communication&quot; on MPS - &quot;Volcanos Daughter&quot; is a killer on that&#33;

Weekend:

Sat - Pissed down at the Meadows Festival but Matt Hero, Colin Hero and Myself all found records.

Sun - Pissed down at the far flung booter so went indoors - no-one got anything tasty except Matt and his Ivor Raymonde Coke 45&#33; Watched Donnie Darko - ace&#33;

Mon - Friggin&#39; SUNNY?&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; BAH&#33;&#33;
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I think it was communication - It was a black sleeve with a picture on it perhaps.

All the tracks were big band fluff apart from the 1st on one side. Big funky band with scorchio hammond.

That sound like it?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (sermad @ 08 June 2003,22:45)]All I got was -

two daptone 7&#39;s (they were two quid each)
                Fantasic sound - the shadows of your smile (free)
                Band of gold (Circle of sound) (free)
                Phanton - Divine Comedy (tenner) - Reissue of a mad prog lp. Heavy stuff.
                Alan Hawkshaw Plays The philicorda (six quid). This was a £8 but the old boy marked it down&#33;&#33; I wasnt arguing. This isnt so bad - spinning wheel is fairly funky.
                ...and a Timmion 45 &#33;

Comment

which was lovely&#33; Cheers mr cheebs.

Im having major Deja-Vu writing this post...its all RubberFunk and Pokesters fault&#33;

BTW you all need to catch Mr Guder (with Rubberfunk on drums) asap. Tight party funk with a good dose of cheek and cheese

None of this

Comment

Wish I&#39;d made it out on Saturday night now (but I had to crash after getting home as it was - must be my years catching up with me ). Good to put more faces to names (nice to meet you BBoy Parkz and Pokester, albeit far too briefly).

My spoils...

Pretty Purdie - Funky Donkey
                    Toddling Town Sounds - It&#39;s Your Thing
                    James Brown - Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... For A Little While
                    Mod Squad - Charge/You All (cheers for the recommendation Cheebs)
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] ]My spoils...

Pretty Purdie - Funky Donkey
                      Toddling Town Sounds - It&#39;s Your Thing
                      Hi Rich,

Nice finds... I do like the Toddling Town 45 meself, picked one up last time I was over in Manc with Chris.

Quick question - is your Purdie 45 on Date, with Soul Drums on the flip ? If it is... nice&#33;

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Now that would be nice&#33; Unfortunately, although it is on Date it&#39;s one of the promo&#39;s that&#39;ve come out of the woodwork recently, with the green on white label, so it&#39;s the same track on both sides. Needs pitching right up to get going (unless Towny&#39;s watching, obviously ).

The strings on the Toddling Town were unexepected and someone in the brass section sounds a little mutton, but it&#39;s definitely a nice version.
                        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ 09 June 2003,13:08)]Now that would be nice&#33; Unfortunately, although it is on Date it&#39;s one of the promo&#39;s that&#39;ve come out of the woodwork recently, with the green on white label, so it&#39;s the same track on both sides. Needs pitching right up to get going (unless Towny&#39;s watching, obviously ).

The strings on the Toddling Town were unexepected and someone in the brass section sounds a little mutton, but it&#39;s definitely a nice version.
                          When I made a comp cd at home, I put Funky Donkey on there at 45. Someone really should cover it at that speed. Mr Guder?
                          Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
                          Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

But mine is on 45 Manz?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ 09 June 2003,13:34)]But mine is on 45 Manz?

From the album reissue.

Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
                              Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

Working...
                              X