Step 10
    Supports in, put 7"s on to test for strength

Step 11
    Fill with records, in genre order. Sort later

Step 12
    Keep filling

Step 13
    Place books, realise you have filled all the space, get carpet. Panic

Mirror, £20 off Schpock. Fire place £20 ebay. wood total cost was £56. colour of paint is fossilised from b&q £19 ish
    is looks smaller than it is, the fire place is over a meter high, each shelf holds about 350 records.
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

You forgot the comfy cushion in the fireplace for the site manager to curl up on Well done that man, it looks splendid.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Looks great , wish I could do the same , one of my cats claws the spines so unable to have any records down that low

Comment

Nice job that looks a thousand times better than the first photo. As you say, shelves are apt to fill up once installed. The cat is a nice touch- 'The cat maketh a room' as some Greek fellow once said. I've just had a new window put in my record room (against my wishes) and I'm going to use it as an opportunity to remodel the room. I'm not looking forward to it. It looks like this at the moment. If I sort it out I'll post another picture (bear in mind where I'm standing to take the photo looks similar)
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Great work mate, I'm ashamed to say my cats are banned from the record room on the whole especially unsupervised, claws being one of a few reasons!
          Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

luckily he has never done it, though i have put the records that are easily replaced at the bottom just in case
            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

We've had 5 cats, and -touch wood- none of them has shown the slightest bit of interest in my records.
              Don't say it......just don't
              Everyone tear down your own little wall
              That keeps you from being a part of it all
              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

That's an impressive transformation - good work Mr K.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                  I've just had a new window put in my record room (against my wishes)

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                    Mrs SK didn't like the window that was there so had a new one made and installed. That big one in the photo has been taken out and a new one, almost exactly the same but without secondary double glazing, has been put in. In the past she has barred me from putting shelves in front of the windows, and I have tried to explain it's the largest wall in the room and I can't even make use of it. I have now negotiated a new deal. I'm planning to turn the shelves on the right of the photo at a right angle so they will now cover the first window. I'll be doing the same at the other end where I have the same shelves. The window has three casements and I'm allowed to cover the one at each end leaving the central one free of shelving. This will mean moving my deck, speakers, etc. I'm going to put some decorative window film on the windows that have shelves in front of them- so it looks nice from the outside. That's the plan, anyway. I'm dreading it.
                    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

ahh, I thought you meant a new window opening in the wall - it sounded a bit crazy like some rogue builder had done it

Comment

Very nice, although some candles, cake and Danish jazz lps would make it a bit more hygge.
                        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

rooms now full of other furniture as im on to the next room already.

I planned the book shelves to match, so I can eventually get rid of the books and replace with records
                          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Nice job! Must be very satisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                              Mrs SK didn't like the window that was there so had a new one made and installed. That big one in the photo has been taken out and a new one, almost exactly the same but without secondary double glazing, has been put in. In the past she has barred me from putting shelves in front of the windows, and I have tried to explain it's the largest wall in the room and I can't even make use of it. I have now negotiated a new deal. I'm planning to turn the shelves on the right of the photo at a right angle so they will now cover the first window. I'll be doing the same at the other end where I have the same shelves. The window has three casements and I'm allowed to cover the one at each end leaving the central one free of shelving. This will mean moving my deck, speakers, etc. I'm going to put some decorative window film on the windows that have shelves in front of them- so it looks nice from the outside. That's the plan, anyway. I'm dreading it.
                              Houses used to get taxed on how many windows they had - you can still see old Glasgow tenements with bricked up windows. You could maybe suggest to the missus you heard that, post-Brexit, there's a possibility the window tax might return?
                              Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Working...
                              X