Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden 7' crates where to buy.

Where do plussers buy wooden crates to house 7'
    I've always just had them resting on shèlves ; really not secure and a real headache to browse through.

I just made mine. Pretty straightforward- just 5 bits of wood screwed or nailed together. I've also made them out of millboard and cloth and, when I needed some quickly a while back, I found an A4 paper box cut in half and folded down at the front was more than adequate. Okay, it doesn't look very exciting but I could decorate them with stickers, or glue pictures on, or spray them green... They're pretty sturdy and cost nothing.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Seen some at the bootie last week. Antique, collectors, 2nd hand shops also get them in. They are more expensive now then they were a few years ago, people using them for retro style for all sorts of things. Bound to be some on ebay, postage maybe expensive though. Cheers

Comment

ikea sell some pine crates big enough for 7"s. no good for stacking though, they arnt huge either so no weight problems when moving them
        instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

i have a friend who's just started her own craft / woodwork business. she's making me some 12" record cubes, so i'll mention the idea for 45 crates

Comment

Ikea Trissa are good if you can find them. Now discontinued.

Comment

Old Schweppes and Canada Dry crates are perfect for storing singles

it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
              take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

The old Schweppes look great if you can get them..and as Taze mentions they aren't getting any cheaper... the last one I saw on ebay auctioned over thirty five quid. Also,obviously you can only store them length wise unless you have exceptionally deep shelving.One of mine

record licker

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                  Old Schweppes and Canada Dry crates are perfect for storing singles

They're stone-cold classics but I don't think they are perfect, actually.

They suffer from one major flaw, you cannot stack them.

Remember that book/record shop in Letchworth? They were selling flatpack wooden record crates for sevens and twelves.
                  new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                    I just made mine. Pretty straightforward- just 5 bits of wood screwed or nailed together. I've also made them out of millboard and cloth and, when I needed some quickly a while back, I found an A4 paper box cut in half and folded down at the front was more than adequate. Okay, it doesn't look very exciting but I could decorate them with stickers, or glue pictures on, or spray them green... They're pretty sturdy and cost nothing.

Is that Glen Dorsey top right Shere?
                    record licker

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                      Is that Glen Dorsey top right Shere?
                      It is indeed, well spotted.

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post

Remember that book/record shop in Letchworth? They were selling flatpack wooden record crates for sevens and twelves.
                        They still are

Comment

Schweppes crates are the ultimate for me - so nice to handle, worn smooth by years of hard graft round the pubs and clubs. If you shop around carefully you can get them for around £20 each.

They fit perfectly 3 a breast in Ikea's cheapo Hejne range of shelves....

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post

Ah, who wants to stack? I've got a bad back and I want instant access. Everyone knows the 45 you want is always at the bottom of the stack.

Comment

Originally posted by IAN View Post
                              Schweppes crates are the ultimate for me - so nice to handle, worn smooth by years of hard graft round the pubs and clubs. If you shop around carefully you can get them for around £20 each.

They fit perfectly 3 a breast in Ikea's cheapo Hejne range of shelves....

Never mind the crates; look at those fancy dividers.

Comment

Working...
                              X