Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Works tentatively pounce on vinyl bandwagon shocker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Works tentatively pounce on vinyl bandwagon shocker

    Pile 'em high and flog 'em cheap unwanted book, jigsaw puzzle and glitter supplier The Works now stock yer actual vinyls. Ok there are only seven titles available but you can buy them with a record frame so you need never actually buy a record player and listen to them:
    http://www.theworks.co.uk/c/home-and.../vinyl-records

    The Downstairs Lounge
    http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

  • #2
    brilliant. all pointless.
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

    Comment


    • #3
      Their 50s and 60s jazz comp kicks off with Glenn Miller. I knew that f*cker wasn't really dead.

      Comment


      • #4
        Fucking hell that's cheap and nasty.
        If anyone else wants to use that stock image of a vintage mic with a Santa Hat on (perhaps for their Christmas Swap Cd) you can get it royalty free here
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm always slightly baffled by Tiger selling vinyl everytime I go in for yet another sketchbook and some finger lights. Never seem to sell any.

          Comment


          • #6
            Crikey... I've seen better compilations at a 'Welcome Break' service station. Why not just do a deal with 'Dol' or one of those public domain labels and stock something that will actually sell or even be desirable. Pointless as Paul said.
            Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

            Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

            Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

            Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by babycart View Post
              Fucking hell that's cheap and nasty.
              If anyone else wants to use that stock image of a vintage mic with a Santa Hat on (perhaps for their Christmas Swap Cd) you can get it royalty free here


              New from Guano Enterprises, featuring such enduring Christmas classics such as...

              Another Strained Conversation With Your Racist Parents - Bing Crosby
              Feigining Interest In Your Presents - Frank Sinatra
              If I Eat Any More Turkey I'll Die - Nat King Cole
              That's Going Straight On Ebay Come Boxing Day - Elvis Presley
              Not Another Bloody Bond Film - Dinah Washington
              Next Year I Don't Think I'll Bother - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
              Keep Granny Away From The Port - Johnny Cash
              Your Brother Creeps Me Out - Harry Belafonte
              Drinking Sherry For Breakfast - Dean Martin
              The Downstairs Lounge
              http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
              http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post


                New from Guano Enterprises, featuring such enduring Christmas classics such as...

                Another Strained Conversation With Your Racist Parents - Bing Crosby
                Feigining Interest In Your Presents - Frank Sinatra
                If I Eat Any More Turkey I'll Die - Nat King Cole
                That's Going Straight On Ebay Come Boxing Day - Elvis Presley
                Not Another Bloody Bond Film - Dinah Washington
                Next Year I Don't Think I'll Bother - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
                Keep Granny Away From The Port - Johnny Cash
                Your Brother Creeps Me Out - Harry Belafonte
                Drinking Sherry For Breakfast - Dean Martin
                I'd definitely pay 8 quid for that on vinyl.
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                  I'm always slightly baffled by Tiger selling vinyl everytime I go in for yet another sketchbook and some finger lights. Never seem to sell any.
                  This from their site made my teeth itch. The chap on the left is almost forgivable as he nearly holds the record properly, however, his beverage is in a jam jar. With a straw.
                  Guy on the right is pleading with him to play his laserdisc by the looks.
                  http://imgur.com/a/2oW8d

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The concept of a group of 30 somethings having a picnic by the river with portable record player and listening to Never Mind The Bollocks is absolutely stellar!
                    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by eine View Post
                      The concept of a group of 30 somethings having a picnic by the river with portable record player and listening to Never Mind The Bollocks is absolutely stellar!
                      I think it's Suede when they were planning their comeback tour and LP.
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by eine View Post
                        The concept of a group of 30 somethings having a picnic by the river with portable record player and listening to Never Mind The Bollocks is absolutely stellar!
                        But they also have Frank Sinatra lying, sleeveless, on top of Norah Jones so they have options
                        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by eine View Post
                          The concept of a group of 30 somethings having a picnic by the river with portable record player and listening to Never Mind The Bollocks is absolutely stellar!
                          They listen to a minute of Johnny Rotten screaming fuck this and fuck that and fuck the fucking little brat, smile tightly and agree to put Norah Jones on instead. Norah is much more hygge.
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X