Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Cheap Records

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Great Cheap Records

    Hello

    What with all this talk of expensive records (which I have no issue with btw) I thought I'd try and redress the balance by starting a thread where we can post really good cheap records.

    There is a catch however. There are many established cheapies that have been discussed on here ad infinitum which I think most on the board will know even if they don't have them in their collection.

    I'm hoping we can avoid these. What I'm looking for is the tricky combination of a great, cheap record that doesn't get discussed much.

    How good it sounds is obviously in the ear of the beholder, especially as we are a broad church with posters who like and dislike different types of music.

    I though I'd give it a go anyway.

    Here's my starter for ten: Wardance by The Intelligents

    It's the b-side to their 1978 release Rockin' Band and as far as I can tell only came out on a single in the UK. It's a tribal discoey thing and to my ears is miles better than similar European records hyped for big money around the internet.


    Hardly anyone seems to want it and as a consequence you can pick copies up online for under a £1:
    https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3357480?ev=rb

    I hope some on here may like it.

    If you don't, please post up your own cheap suggestion
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

  • #2
    just bought some vinyl from this ebay seller - cheap!
    The Garden Facebook Blog

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by reza
      $4.99 shipping for an lp to the uk , that cant be right can it ?
      I know I thought that but my order for pom pom has gone through OK
      The Garden Facebook Blog

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
        just bought some vinyl from this ebay seller - cheap!
        Hello. Me again. Is merely listing an eBay seller's wares enriching this new topic? Are you saying every record listed is a great cheap record? It isn't clear as you haven't added any narrative.
        new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

        Comment


        • #5
          Here's a great cheapie - I don't think has appeared on VG+ before - can be picked up for under if you look around...

          Tribal funky soul moves with spaced-out fuzzy guitar.



          EDIT- YouTube link added...
          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

          Comment


          • #6
            Ha, I think HG has slightly derailed the thread.

            Here's a great cheap record, that I always make my friends buy when out and about.

            Peter Brown, great disco songsmith/producer, this is the b-side of Dance With Me, can be had for about 0.49p, and it's a bona-fide boogie banger.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
              I though I'd give it a go anyway.

              Here's my starter for ten: Wardance by The Intelligents

              It's the b-side to their 1978 release Rockin' Band and as far as I can tell only came out on a single in the UK. It's a tribal discoey thing and to my ears is miles better than similar European records hyped for big money around the internet.


              Hardly anyone seems to want it and as a consequence you can pick copies up online for under a £1:
              https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3357480?ev=rb

              I hope some on here may like it.

              If you don't, please post up your own cheap suggestion
              Yes I do like that. It reminded me of this which is also very cheap- £1 or less.



              https://www.discogs.com/Black-Gorill...elease/6361297
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                just bought some vinyl from this ebay seller - cheap!
                Did you even read my post?

                Can I ask that you delete this off or move it somewhere else.

                Thanks
                it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                  Did you even read my post?

                  Can I ask that you delete this off or move it somewhere else.

                  Thanks
                  Well said ... I will post when this can get back on thread !!
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've been mildly obsessed with this nuclear-paranoia power-pop masterpiece for the past couple of years - Hot Line From Washington by The Skyscapers.



                    No one else seems to give a monkey's, hence available for pennies, but I reckon it's a corker.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      blimey I saw it was a thread on cheap records is all, take a chill pill as I am obviously out to piss y'all off or summat, shall I just stay on the recent finds thread? it might be best...
                      The Garden Facebook Blog

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                        Ha, I think HG has slightly derailed the thread.

                        Here's a great cheap record, that I always make my friends buy when out and about.

                        Peter Brown, great disco songsmith/producer, this is the b-side of Dance With Me, can be had for about 0.49p, and it's a bona-fide boogie banger.

                        I agree. A long time favourite.

                        In a similar vein (B side, disco heaven, long, pushing the boundaries of what you can fit on a 7 inch).....

                        Last edited by candiman; 28-09-2016, 10:52 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Love that Future 2000 and also that Intelligents.....thank you both!
                          <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Just purchased The Intelligents / Wardance for about 90p (£2 for postage) good price for a nice record thats right up my alley.
                            Thanks for the tip.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by francois parker View Post
                              Just purchased The Intelligents / Wardance for about 90p (£2 for postage) good price for a nice record thats right up my alley.
                              Thanks for the tip.
                              Ditto!
                              Ronny & The Daytonas -Sandy has only ever been mentioned once on this board and Mang didn't like it!
                              I like it and it's very cheap and very plentiful and has a cool instrumental version on the B-side.
                              It's soft, soft, soft diaphanous Sunshine Pop to my ears.
                              Like a summer breeze on your cheek.
                              Sorry to poop on what was turning into a cool thread.

                              https://youtu.be/YlOjvL6Ww94
                              <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X