Your opinion please: wrong version of super limited LP received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion please: wrong version of super limited LP received

I am REALLY pissed off today and want to scream at a particular label in the USA, but I thought I should ask for an opinion from you folk to see if I am over-reacting, so if you have time, please read the following, I'll try and keep it as short as possible, and let me know if you think I'm being unreasonable.

1. I ordered 2 super limited edition LPs (numbered and special coloured vinyl, not so unusual) from a label in the USA. I joined their VIP system in order to order this special edition and paid a small sum for the privilege.

2. Since I live in Japan but they were able to fulfill the order in the UK with free shipping I went for it, initially asking them to deliver to address A, a friend's address who I thought I would be seeing soon after in Japan.

3. I realized the records wouldn't arrive in time, so asked the label to get the records delivered to address B, another friend, who I would definitely be seeing a month later. The label said that could be taken care of.

4. No records arrived at address B, so I contacted the label. They said they were having problems with the fulfillment company, but if the records didn't turn up, they would have to give me a refund. I replied that was unacceptable. I wanted the LPs they'd offered and told them to get on the case.

5. In the meantime, my friend at address A told me the records had turned up there, so I contacted the record label and told them. Case closed, I thought. So somewhere there's a problem in the system. Delivered to address A after telling me they could deliver to address B.

6. Finally my friend from address A comes to Japan with the records. I open the package, see that although the delivery slip mentions 2 copies of the numbered, they actually sent me a different, non VIP, not as beautiful coloured vinyl version. Seems like the fulfillment company don't have a clue what they're doing.

7. I now feel like telling the label, send me EXACTLY what I ordered or give me a full refund.

Am I being unreasonable?
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

I don't think that's being unreasonable. But I guess you can only expect to get the replacement delivery to the UK.
    And possibly they could send you a freight slip for returning the wrong records from the UK.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

I could live with that. Just about. But this has all taken so long, that I very much doubt there'll be any of the super limited left.
      They fucked up so much along the way ...
      Never again ...

Comment

Quick update: The label refunded my money and let me keep the (wrong) LPs they had sent. About the best I could have hoped for in the circumstances.

Comment

How much does it matter to you that the music you want to hear is on coloured vinyl rather than normal vinyl?
          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
            How much does it matter to you that the music you want to hear is on coloured vinyl rather than normal vinyl?
            Ah this old baby again. True music fan versus antique collector.
            https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Whats up with colored vinyl anyway?
              Since when is that cool?
              All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Isn't coloured vinyl lesser quality, apart from red or something, than black?

Comment

I used to hear this all the time and always took it as fact when I was younger but more recently I read more and more people saying it's an urban myth. To be honest I've never noticed any audible difference but then its not like I've conducted any blind tests.

Originally posted by J.R View Post
                  Isn't coloured vinyl lesser quality, apart from red or something, than black?
                  Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

To add to the list of things people say, about which they actually have no idea, I thought I'd heard, somewhere, that black vinyl is, actually, a couloured vinyl as vinyl is clear and the black dye is added to it. Why you would do that I don't know apart from the hellish difficulty in cueing up a clear record (really hard to see where tracks start)- but I don't think that would have been a consideration when they first started making vinyl records. As I say, this could be a bunch of toss... Just something I thought I'd heard... can someone take me to the toilet?
                    Who is the authority on this? There must be someone. One thing I do feel sure about is there shouldn't be any cost difference, surely. When a coloured edition comes out, at an inflated price, that's just marketing isn't it?
                    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                      Why you would do that I don't know apart from the hellish difficulty in cueing up a clear record (really hard to se where tracks start)- but I don't think that would have been a consideration when they first started making vinyl records.
                      I'm always surprised when I turn up coloured vinyl records from the early 60s. Cal Tjader and other latin stuff on Fantasy are often red, which I assumed was branding/genre thing. .
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                        I'm always surprised when I turn up coloured vinyl records from the early 60s. Cal Tjader and other latin stuff on Fantasy are often red, which I assumed was branding/genre thing. .
                        Also, when I were a lad, children's records were usually multi-coloured.

Comment

1. The colour of the record isn't that important, but when I buy a record, if there's a limited version I usually go for it, just in case I decided to sell it some day. The super limited one looked much nicer, and was super limited. If a record can be considered art, then a nice colour for the vinyl may increase the visual satisfaction. And I'm a junkie.

2. Re the coloured vinyl quality thing, I've heard it said by a pressing plant employee that black vinyl often contains all sorts of recycled vinyl, whereas a pure colour is much less likely too. I guess with the recent trend of colour splashing that might not apply so much. Anyway that was the opinion of a bloke working in a pressing plant.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

2. Re the coloured vinyl quality thing, I've heard it said by a pressing plant employee that black vinyl often contains all sorts of recycled vinyl, whereas a pure colour is much less likely too. I guess with the recent trend of colour splashing that might not apply so much. Anyway that was the opinion of a bloke working in a pressing plant.
                            Probs whatever colour the vinyl is it'll depend on how much recycled vinyl is in it. You sometimes hear a record described as 'virgin vinyl' suggesting there is no recycled vinyl in it. I believe most vinyl has a percentage of recycled vinyl in it.

Comment

the new gold vinyl sounds awful.

colour costs a little more to make than black, but not massively more.

I try to buy the limited one for the same reason, I might want to sell it later. id be miffed if I got the not so limited one for the limited ones price.

I cant write in paragraphs anymore, I blame facebook.
                              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Working...
                              X