Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your assistance please: Plaid Trainer 3xLP mispress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turboellis
    replied
    Thanks for trying anyway. I guess that's why it was so cheap.

The mystery continues ...

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    I can see why you described them as you did but they are nowhere near intricate enough to be by either Aphex or Squarepusher in my opinion. I'm at a loss they don't sound like anything Plaid have done either or anything I've heard through 'Rephlex' as that label sprang to mind. Despite the amen beat splicing and bass guitar on track 2 I'd wager that isn't Squarepusher on bass it sounds way too amateur, his playing was on another level on 'Feed Me Weird Things' it just doesn't sound like him more like someone trying to ape him. The drums too as I say not intricate and sound more random than anything the likes of Aphex or Tom would put out. I could go on but it wont help identify them, any other electronica heads here might have a clue its foxed me.

Having said that its just my opinion, Trainer is 2000ish and I think the tracks sound like late 90's maybe it fits the release date. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    amidar Sorry for the fuckery ... please try adding a .mp3 to the file. That works on my mmmmmmmac ...

spiritual jazz mags ... the matrix numbers are correct... the music ain't ...

Leave a comment:

• spiritual jazz mags
    replied
    Have you tried searching for the matrix numbers in the dead wax?

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Had a try for your mate but it just downloaded some files without any extension that couldn't be recognised. Might be better just to open a Soundcloud account and upload them there. Handy to have for queries such as this anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    OK, here come the links to the mystery mp3s ...

As I said, they're not recognised by Shazam, though I've already found that Shazam is making mistakes .... why would it not?

Links:

Side A - About 9 mins:
    http://www.filedropper.com/plaid-tra...whothefuckisit

Side B - about 12.5 mins:
    http://www.filedropper.com/plaid-tra...whothefuckisit

One side is a bit Aphex Twin-y, the other a bit Squarepusher-y ...

Have I got my knickers in a twix?

Please HELP mE If you CAN

LUV

Turbo

p.s. yes, it's autumn in jpn and i'm hammering on a box of Sarky!

Leave a comment:

• Your assistance please: Plaid Trainer 3xLP mispress?

Folks

I'd like to ask for opinions and a bit of help on a Plaid release I have.

It's the 3xLP version of Trainer, which I've recently been ripping so that I can listen to it on the go.

Accoding to the Discogs entry for this (https://www.discogs.com/Plaid-Trainer/release/30836), side A has 4 tracks, side B has 5. My copy has 1 track on each side, neither of which the Shazam app is able to identify, although it can coreectly ID other tracks on the release.

So I'm going to go through and ID the tracks I can, but would like some help on ID-ing the tracks that are on my side A & B.

I'll upload those tracks later, so that anyone who is interested can have a listen.

Any thoughts?

Turbo
Working...
X