Another tedious postage/Royal Mail query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another tedious postage/Royal Mail query

On the 30th Sep I posted a parcel to Japan tracked and signed for (cost £18.55) with Royal Mail. Was surprised to find a card through the letterbox on Thurs saying a parcel was at the PO Depot (wasn't awaiting any parcels). So I pick up the parcel yesterday and its the parcel intended for Japan. The tracking number confirms it got to Heathrow and sat there until the 19th Oct when it was then returned to me with no explanation.

The parcel has the International tracked and signed for sticker on it but not the actual postage stamp. It appears the PO clerk forgot to attach it although its possible it came off in transit I suppose.

So I ring the Royal Mail and I'm told I'll have to make a claim to to reclaim the postage cost via form International P58 and provide copies of the PO receipt. Went online and the form only covers compensation for lost or damaged goods with no option of 'other'. Google has been no help for such a scenario.

I'm gonna ring Royal Mail again tomorrow but anyone else had experience of this 'rare' occurrence?

Oh the joys of selling records...I friggin' hate it!

Thanks for reading.
    "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

One of the ladies at the post office had huge plastic fingernails and as a result she could never get any of the stickers on right. had to redo them all every time.
    that doesnt help does it?
    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Haha...not really but I'll check her nails when I pop in tomorrow.
      "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Good luck if you have to deal with customer services Nige. I did recently and they were useless and unhelpful.
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Cheers Paul. I guess I've already experienced it on Sat being given duff gen about the form to make a claim on not being suitable for my situation.

Comment

Working...
          X