Collecting today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting today

been trying to join a few facebook vinyl pages. they all seem to be full of people buying Mondo/ Death waltz stuff. all Horror soundtracks and not much else.
    which is good but also a bit strange.
    its like they are just buying the item because it exists. is their really that much interest in buying Home alone on vinyl? I have just seen the Nosferatu soundtrack! it was a silent movie. now if the record was silent that would be amazing.
    you see collectors posting pictures of every colour variation of an obscure soundtrack. now I have sometimes bought entire colour variations, but this was before records were £25+ each

so what I am trying to say is, I like it here as people have a wide varied knowledge of music.
    I suppose its good as it keeps people away from the music we are after.
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

might it be the 70s Werner Herzog "Nosferatu", which has Popul Vuh or someone doing the soundtrack?

Comment

https://www.normanrecords.com/record...FdU_Gwod0MsI0g

some 90s soundtrack.
      I still think a blank record would be brilliant. id buy it.

but this is a perfect example, does anyone need a 1997 soundtrack for a silent film on vinyl?
      its good that its getting people buying records
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
        some 90s soundtrack.
        ah ok

I still think a blank record would be brilliant. id buy it.
        Marcel Marceau:
        https://www.discogs.com/Marcel-Marce.../master/403173
        ^ by the Incredible Bongo Band guy

Ronald Reagan:
        https://www.discogs.com/No-Artist-Th...elease/1421098
        Last edited by bongolia; 31-10-2016, 02:47 PM.

Comment

speaking of silent vampire film soundtracks, the Death and Vanilla "Vampyr" is pretty good

Comment

but this is a perfect example, does anyone need a 1997 soundtrack for a silent film on vinyl?
            Silent films were never usually silent. they used to have someone tinkling the ivories then they came with records, I think.
            when they showed The Artist here i sat in a cinema with about 30 other people and we watched it in absolute silence. It was a bit weird at first, but everyone got into it and people were chatting and commenting throughout the film. We're still in contact with a couple we met that night.
            At the end the manager came in and apologised for not cueing up the soundtrack and gave us all a free ticket.
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
              Silent films were never usually silent.

Comment

actually, I don't know what im moaning about. I bought the re imagined soundtrack to Valerie and her week of wonders. that's a really good album.
                instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I'm pretty sure nobody need any of those horror soundtracks on Death Waltz. I realise there are people with a real interest in this sort of stuff but they don't need myriad colours of vinyl- they just want one good pressing. I imagine most of them are never even taken out of their sleeves. As you say people just buy them because they're there. It's a triumph of marketing. If I had the soundtrack to 'Zombie Torture Cannibals', on frosted-puke colour vinyl, I don't think I'd ever play it in preference to, say, 'Oh Lori' by Alessi- and when I wear my copy of that out I'll have to splash another 50p on a new one.
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

actually, I don't know what im moaning about. I bought the re imagined soundtrack to Valerie and her week of wonders. that's a really good album.
                    Paul, can I just say you don't half cheer me up.
                    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

As far as I know, that's not re-imagined. It's the first release, or maybe a re-release of the original 70s movie.
                      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

There was a series of records entitled "The Wit And Wisdom Of..." in the 1980s "featuring" various politicians of the day. I think Ronald Reagan was "on" the first release but subsequent volumes featured Margaret Thatcher and The SDP.
                        All were silent on both sides.
                        Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

My 12" copy of YMCA was one-sided, with a short groove on the B-side that played silently.

i remember i used to play it quite often when I got a bit tired of YMCA and Macho Man.
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

My wife's late grandmother was a cinema pianist played completely by ear. She no doubt had some riffage she could pull out when Harold Lloyd was dangling from a train or those smoochy moments but I'm led to believe she just watched the film and made it up as she went along.

I've never owned a Death Waltz record I see them out and about and they always look appealing, half the films I've never heard of so don't know if they've invented them or they are good unless its a composer I know. I've always wanted the soundtrack to 'Cannibal Ferrox' did they do that one?
                            Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

whats the next world to be mined for vinyl re issues? it must all be nearly done by now. I see they are doing video games already.
                              someone needs to re issue early 90s hip hop, remastered with bonus tracks.

though ive just seen that Licensed to ill just got re issued on vinyl. no bonus tracks though
                              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Working...
                              X