Nuova Compagnia di Canto Popolare - Secondo Coro Delle Lavandaie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuova Compagnia di Canto Popolare - Secondo Coro Delle Lavandaie

been in love with this track for a loooong now and I am looking for new fix. Can someone recommend me some more brutal feminist tribal drumming like this?
    All the Wolpertingers

Yes, this is killer, i usually play it near the end of a Moonhop as it happens, along with some real regulars like Steve Monite - Only You, Derrick Morgan - Moon Hop, Take me back to Piaeu (sp) Bed Caves by Danielle Dax, Brenda and the Beach Balls - Wait, Enzo Delre - Il Banditore, Waylon - Creme de la Creme and some other things that i just can't recall right now. I think this has been reissued now though, so it's easy enough to get. Don't ever be tempted by the 45 version of it though, i made that mistake... Nothing else sounds quite like this though, and folk dance right to the end if you play the whole thing.

Comment

Nothing else sounds quite like this though
      aaargh
      All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Some ace selections though sounds like a fun night.
        I have the Danielle Dax record and need to give it some love straight away. Thanks for the recommendation!
        Not that I have ever seen this in real life but that would make a nice set

All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Not on vinyl as far as I know, but it made me stop the car when it came on the radio.

There are loads of all-women batucadas in latin America and Spain if you want brutal feminist tribal drumming. It's a rather emphatic way of reclaiming the night.
          Here's my local troupe. I was in the next street admiring camels while this was going on

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

That is a great track, amazing. Waylon is exactly the same tempo, good call.
            First thing that comes to mind is Suzi Quatro - Primitive Love?

Doesn't really sound alike but MENTAL in a similar way is Norah -Battle for My Love
            "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Just realised that OOIOO track I posted is a version/remix/homage/whatever of the original. I thought it sounded similar, but didn´t realise it was identical.
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

You might be on to something babycart. I have a limited collection of batucada LPs there might be something on one of them though.
                In other news: There is a similar track on another album. (starts at 3:06)

All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
                  You might be on to something babycart. I have a limited collection of batucada LPs there might be something on one of them though.
                  The problem with batucada is when they start singing it's choral rather than chanting. I like the way my local lasses break into Seven Nation Army towards the end, though.

Here's a scattier one

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

A different vibe but also good from NCCP is a really beautiful track called Vulumbrella.

Comment

Mi Ami was the first thing that sprang to my mind.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I sometimes play a couple from this batacuda one. I don't think anyone dances.

https://www.discogs.com/Luciano-Perr...elease/1700992

Comment

I'm now obsessing with trying to find similar records. This isn't healthy.

Comment

not quite right but close I think.
                            All the Wolpertingers

Comment

One that i've always considered but never used yet is Ani Kuni, that French Canadian song, i can't remember who it's by but i have a copy of it somewhere and i'm sure i have a different version that might be a dancer.

Anyway, i put all my mixes up here, and it's quite possible that there might be some stuff of interest, if you can excuse the terrible mixing. The faster songs are often nearer the end of the mixes. Not many folk listen to them.

https://www.mixcloud.com/found/

Comment

Working...
                              X