X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where was it?
    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

had a great Billy Brexit buyer moaning in CAPS about why I'm charging £5 to send a record IN ENGLAND.

He hasn't come back after I clarified that it was euros and I'm in another country.

He'll probably moan when I cancel on him as a non-paying buyer.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
        YES, I was just thinking this the other day... also what would be really helpful is to be able to block any record on your wants list but not upto the required vinyl grade... (If there's already a way to do this please let me know...)
        Trouble is Fuz, what everyone keeps saying, it may be listed as VG+, but still not actually be that. Introducing that kind of filter may just spur on the more unscrupulous sellers to upgrade their shitty records, possibly making the problem worse.
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/338944074

Of all the RSD BS this is probably my favourite.
          All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Discogs drives me a bit mad

Prices are so so over the top. I think they should have a max limit when you list something, like 3 times over the max it's sold for in the past

I saw a P (poor) copy of ball of eyes on there t'other day for £10,000

What a waste of everyone's time...

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post

Priceless. Everything in imperative, and KEIN PAY PAL!!!
              Never mind that there are 25 other sellers priced lower
              ------------------------------------------------------
              "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Yeah, it definitely has been getting worse with the overpricing. I can't quite fathom how you make the leap of saying "so the best price so far was £25 so I'll charge £125 and see who bites"' and then keep relisting for however long (which happens elsewhere too of course) despite no sales. Think I see it more after extending my want list recently. Ditto on recordsale.de relisting what feels like every other day and getting my hopes up when I get the 'there have been x additions to your want list' e-mail pop up in my inbox. Actually find a few more bargains on eBay at the moment, maybe less people looking over it than used to?

Comment

The influence of the insane sellers is spreading too, which is a worry. An LP popped up on my wants list - for £500 or make an offer. I messaged the seller to politely ask if he'd accidentally added an extra zero, with links to popsike and last copies on ebay. And said I'd offer £50, which was slightly higher than ebay copies. Back came the reply "there's only one copy on Discogs for £532, which is why I priced it at £500..." Of course, I knew before even looking that the other copy would be Migala72 or whatever they're called.

So, the insane prices are being followed by "let's undercut the insane price" second copies seems to be a growing trend...
                  Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Yes, just had a prime example of this: seller on Discogs had a copy of an extremely rare (but not extremely sought-after and hence not very expensive) CD up at €199 or offers. I made him an offer of €20, which is slightly above its market value; he couldn't reject it quickly enough. A few days later, I discover a copy on Amazon Japan for ¥1 — that's about 0.7 pence. Looks like I was overly generous, if anything.

Comment

A new one on me recently. The 2nd press of a record i'm looking for (1st press value being about £7-10) was listed at £12

I made an offer of £7.50 and the seller sent me an epic rant, how dare I make such a cheeky lowball offer, what a time-waster, blah blah. How I must be new to discogs (i'm not).

I told him he simply needed to reject the offer and say no more.

So unnecessary...

Comment

Magnificent!
                        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan R View Post
                          A new one on me recently. The 2nd press of a record i'm looking for (1st press value being about £7-10) was listed at £12
                          I made an offer of £7.50 and the seller sent me an epic rant, how dare I make such a cheeky lowball offer, what a time-waster, blah blah. How I must be new to discogs (i'm not).
                          So unnecessary...
                          Make him a few more derisory offers. (I know, it ain't worth wasting the time).

He's not going to get many repeat customers, being such a miserable git.

I try and keep it at friendly as possible, as if I was working in a shop, that I wanted a customer to visit more than once. I sell as many others do, to fund the buying of more records, and to get rid of the stuff I know I'll never play again. If something doesn't sell, I reduce the price gradually until it does.

I would also *love* to be able to set a price limit on items on my Discogs Wants list. That would keep my mailbox cleaner ...
                          "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

The problem with discogs overpricing is how many shops I've been in lately that are pricing stock up based on inflated discogs prices.
                            sigpic A Haunting Club

Comment

"unavailable In Ireland"
                              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Blimey its not liked you offered him a quid, if he's had the thing up for sale for months and off to the post office anyway seems well worth a punt its not even half price. I bet your polite answer pissed him off more!

Originally posted by Dan R View Post

So unnecessary...
                                Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Working...
                                X