No announcement yet.

Hilarious Discogs sellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ta. I don't want to repress particularly, but my partner does, so i'm checking to see how much extending/re-licencing would take in both time and cost. I'd rather just work on the next lot of stuff. As it turned out, we pressed 500, expecting to sell them hopefully over a year or two and sold out within about three weeks by the time i'd waded through the orders. We had orders for roughly another 1000 that we couldn't fulfill. This was quite surprising to me, considering i only did it to promote a club night that i rarely run.

Anyway, the constant relisting and delisting on Discogs is irritating, particularly when you have something in your cart, but more irritating is when something you really want gets delisted when you have money and relisted when you're skint.

Comment

I get on alright with the guy who runs it all he was telling me he was getting lots of people/dealers asking him if they could have a look a few days before the sale they didn't get very far and knowing his brash manner were probably told so in his usual fruity language! He's OK though and its charity at the the end of the day (infact the local hospice so quite close to my heart.) he's trying to get the best price, same with furniture he knows everything interior designers will pay good money for.

I've told him I'll go the next one coming up but I doubt I'll buy much as I'm skint. If I leave with some Jazz I'll be happy. Before they expanded it was a pound for 5 records! But yeah the frenzy its depressing!

Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
      One of the larger charities here do that as well. They hold back all records during the year, unsellable stuff is weeded out and put out in 50p boxes. The small city centre shop has a crate that they refill with some interesting stuff, usually at reasonable prices, say half book/Discogs price. Most of it goes out in a large yearly sale with everything at 3€. That's when you see all the small time dealers grabbing large piles of stuff, then checking condition/prices, absolute frenzy. Last year I saw one of the more annoying ones trying to get the staff to hold his pile of 200 records until next day as he had to leave and didn't have time to go through them, and at the same time trying to work out a discount as he was buying so many. I've gone to these sales but I tend to buy less and less from them.
      Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

When it comes to 'hilarity' the sellers aren't a patch on some of the buyers.

WF

Comment

Stuff is only worth want you want to pay for it... Marmite crisis!
          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
            Cheers SJ
            Elephant and dwarf they call them, Pepe Kalle and his little
            stage dancing friend Emoro.

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
              Stuff is only worth want you want to pay for it... Marmite crisis!
              Tesco's own brand for me from now on.
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I m waiting for PayPal to clear payment for a larger order now for almost a week. My guess is that the buyer didnt have enough money in his bank account as I have been looking at the same payment pending message since last Saturday. Thing is that I cant cancel the order in case the money does appear somehow.
                So what do I do now? Should I go out more? Maybe I should call my mom.
                All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Doesn't payment pending mean they have paid, but PP is holding the money until the item has been received and all is good?

Paypal decided to do this with a record I sold recently, even though my seller rating is all clean. Still waiting for it to clear, can be up to a month.

Comment

Means they have paid by echeque .
                    Which can take over a week to clear .
                    Painful for the seller
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

i see. well ill wait till monday.
                      All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                        Doesn't payment pending mean they have paid, but PP is holding the money until the item has been received and all is good?

Paypal decided to do this with a record I sold recently, even though my seller rating is all clean. Still waiting for it to clear, can be up to a month.
                        Paypal told me to wait ...
                        All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Sie is correct.
                          https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

YEAH ALRIGHT.

Looks like my payment is on hold. Cheeky buggers.

Comment

I just had this with a discogs buyer from Germany. He had a Turkish name & PayPal told him they were holding his money as part of their counterterrorism security, which sounds like bullshit from PayPal. After a week he cancelled the payment and was able to put through a new payment immediately. I think it's a bit random when transfers get held up & starting again might be the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                                I just had this with a discogs buyer from Germany. He had a Turkish name & PayPal told him they were holding his money as part of their counterterrorism security, which sounds like bullshit from PayPal. After a week he cancelled the payment and was able to put through a new payment immediately. I think it's a bit random when transfers get held up & starting again might be the best option.
                                Sounds like mine. Berlin adress?
                                All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Working...
                                X