X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul-K
    replied
    yep totally idiots.
    I had someone buy something Sunday evening and email Tuesday 10am asking where it is.

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    What about the buyers. Some real idiots these days.

Leave a comment:

• bennyboy
    replied
    "has been in knife fight"

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    haha, seen people write that before about drill holes. Wonder what crazy reason they come up with for a cut corner?

Leave a comment:

• Cacapo
    replied
    This description:

Gracious - Gracious (LP, Album, Gat)
    Media Condition: Good Plus (G+)
    Sleeve Condition: Good Plus (G+)
    We think this record has been shot! There's a hole going right through the textured gatefold sleeve and the centre (not the spindle) of the vinyl. Spindle hole is not affected, just the label. Record comes in a plain inner. The back of sleeve has been doodled and written on quite significantly (and ammusingly). There are two scratches on the B side that produce a click but the record plays through fine. I strongly recommend that you request photo's of sleeve before ordering. Could be graded VG.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    also a "in wantlist but no notifications" setting would be nice. I use the wantlist for all sorts of VV type cheapies so that you get the useful "seller has x items on your wantlist" and can add them to an order, but I don't want them filling up the daily email.

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    All these features have been requested time and time again - check the discogs forum.
    Blocking certain sellers is the #1 request.

Leave a comment:

• eclipsechaser
    replied
    Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
    YES, I was just thinking this the other day... also what would be really helpful is to be able to block any record on your wants list but not upto the required vinyl grade... (If there's already a way to do this please let me know...)
    God yes and filter out any over the price you want to pay.

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Be better if you could block certain sellers .... like records.de. or flashback and vinyl exchange .
    Etc

Etc.

Leave a comment:

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    Originally posted by leebrady View Post
    Up to 10x going rate pricing on non-raers cluttering my wantlist emails.
    YES, I was just thinking this the other day... also what would be really helpful is to be able to block any record on your wants list but not upto the required vinyl grade... (If there's already a way to do this please let me know...)

Leave a comment:

• leebrady
    replied
    Discogs is a circus at the moment not quite the farce of eBay but.... over grading and very slow dispatch are almost constantly problematic (unless I buy from Germany/nl/Scandinavia). Up to 10x going rate pricing on non-raers cluttering my wantlist emails.

Even plussers that sell on there are guilty of over-pricing almost their entire inventory

Leave a comment:

• cratedigger
    replied
    Let us know about the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
    So, he has Make an offer on everything. He probably can't be bothered putting a value to the records, so he sticks a ridiculous price on it and trust any interested buyer to make a reasonable offer. Maybe a good way for items that are rarely sold and hard to value, but he mainly has household items.
    Interesting idea, I'll give it a try ...

Leave a comment:

• cratedigger
    replied
    So, he has Make an offer on everything. He probably can't be bothered putting a value to the records, so he sticks a ridiculous price on it and trust any interested buyer to make a reasonable offer. Maybe a good way for items that are rarely sold and hard to value, but he mainly has household items.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    started a topic Hilarious Discogs sellers

Hilarious Discogs sellers

Just stumbled across a seller on Discogs attempting to sell records like Simon And Garfunkel's Greatest Hits for 80 quid, Siouxsie And The Banshees - Once Upon A Time (with a 2mm scratch, hence VG+) for 50 quid ...

How does this guy have any customers?

Someone mentioned a seller like this recently, maybe it was this guy, made me laugh out loud ...

in-frickin'-credible ...
Working...
X