Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nosuchhounds
    replied
    Just picked up this LP today. I like it cant say which i prefer, instrumental or vocal, but its a good album.

Incidentally just picked up a Bo Hansson LP as well!

Leave a comment:

• nosuchhounds
    replied
    Just picked up this LP today. I like it cant say which i prefer, instrumental or vocal, but its a good album.

Incidentally just picked up a Bo Hansson LP as well!

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    I heard a track by Temples on the radio the other night and was pleasantly surprised. The first single was excellent, the lp was good, but I thought they were going to be one of those bands that just kept trading on the psych revival (again!) tip. The latest tune I heard was definitely heading in a different, poppier direction, but was unmistakably them. Wait and see I guess.

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    The vocals on Dungen's albums always seemed part of the music, partly as I don't understand Swedish but also as they are not high in the mix.

Leave a comment:

• cratedigger
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
    I haven't listened to the entire album yet, but I like the bits I've heard. Sounds very much like a homage to Bo Hansson.
    I actually prefer them instrumental, not always comfortable with the vocals.
    Not familiar with Bo Hansson. If you prefer them without vocals, then I think you'll like the LP. There are nice moments, but not enough to make me want to buy it.

If they ever come to Japan, they'd better come to Osaka. If they don't, I'll stamp my little foot.

Leave a comment:

• cratedigger
    replied
    I haven't listened to the entire album yet, but I like the bits I've heard. Sounds very much like a homage to Bo Hansson.
    I actually prefer them instrumental, not always comfortable with the vocals.
    Gutted I missed their gig in my hometown last week when I was out of town.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    started a topic Dungen - Haxan LP unsatifying?

Dungen - Haxan LP unsatifying?

Had the chance to listen to the new instrumental Dungen soundtrack 'Haxan' LP recently and found it quite underwhelming.

There are some nice moments, but for me, not nearly as satisfying as their LPs with singing on.

They are one of the bands whose new releases I always look forward to, but I don't think I'll be buying this time.

Anyone else heard it yet?

p.s. I suspect the new Temples album is also going to be a duffer if the new 1st track is anything to go by ... I liked the 1st LP a lot ...
Working...
X