i probably should know this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i probably should know this

does anyone know what song the fresh sound is from that everyone scratches with. originally i mean.
    also where is the word sample from.

i been thinking about this all the way home from work.
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

I think its from Fab Five Freddy’s ‘Change the best’.
    At this point I must admit that I have never heard the record , but I have read that is where the ‘ahhh fresh‘ sample comes from (a seminal hip hop classic and I never heard it ).

Comment

Originally posted by Parkz
      At this point I must admit that I have never heard the record , but I have read that is where the ‘ahhh fresh‘ sample comes from (a seminal hip hop classic and I never heard it ).
      Its from 'Change The Beat' by B-Side from the LP 'Cairo Nights' on Celluloid that ends with the words 'aaah, this stuff is really fresh'. Well not actually from the album version as that has a beat running underneath the vocal so probably the single that I don't have. I've sometimes seen this track credited to B-Side & Fab 5 Freddy but Freddy doesn't get a mention on the 2 records I have this track on.
      Last edited by Colin Hero; 29-03-2005, 08:17 PM.
      http://www.myspace.com/colinmillar

Comment

Originally posted by Parkz
        Change the Beat

Ashamed to say I don't own it either. I can remember it being one of the few hip hop 12's in my local shop in the mid 80's but I never picked it up. It was only later that I found out it contained the classic "Ahh, this stuff is fresh" vocal. Was there a UK copy that didn't have the phrase on it?

Always wondered what the "Word" vocal was off. Anyone?

By the way, I never knew where "I know you're gonna dig this" came from until it was posted on Soul Strut the other day. Turns out it's from Car Wash double LP (I only have the single LP release).
        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Hero
          Its from 'Change The Beat' by B-Side from the LP 'Cairo Nights' on Celluloid that ends with the words 'aaah, this stuff is really fresh'. Well not actually from the album version as that has a beat running underneath the vocal so probably the single that I don't have.

THERE'S AN ALBUM!!!?????!!!

I never knew that - I have all the Celluloid 12's in that little run (Futura 2000, B-Side and Fab Five Freddy, and so on) but I had no idea there was an LP!
          What's on it?

We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Is 'Une Sale Histoire' by Fab 5 Freddy just 'Change The Beat' with a little bit of French flair?
            records - one a week mixcloud
            records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

It's the other side.
              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton

I never knew that - I have all the Celluloid 12's in that little run (Futura 2000, B-Side and Fab Five Freddy, and so on) but I had no idea there was an LP!
                What's on it?

Never knew that also. But here it is:

http://www.discogs.com/release/40400

Comment

It's the other side.
                  I have 'Une Sale Histoire' on Celluoid. A-Side is the male version, B-side is the female version.

Is the A-side just a re-titled 'Change The Beat'?

The discog above shows the LP release year as 1985. Did'nt the single come out in 1982/83?
                  Last edited by left hand corner; 30-03-2005, 04:37 AM.
                  records - one a week mixcloud
                  records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Easiest way to find it in the UK is on the 'Rap Graffiti' comp that came out on Charly in the mid Eighties. The twelve inch has just been reissued (or booted?) in the States though.

Comment

Originally posted by Campag Record
                      Always wondered what the "Word" vocal was off. Anyone?
                      I suspect that may be a thread for Soulstrut.. heads over there got deep knowledge of the scratch sound faq. Tried a forum search for "word", but like, strangely it just seemed to throw me back every thread, ever posted, ever.. Word!
                      Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

What's on it?

i've got the album and if memory serves (i've not heard it for ages) it's just of completist interest.. i'm not sure it has much relation to the single, in fact, probably because of the time difference between the two. the album seems to be the celluliod label very much in their mid-80's art-school / rock stage - not bizarre or funky, just a bit rubbish. and no decent artwork either...

Comment

HOW BOUT "AI-YEAH"???????????

how come no one scratches that one no mo

Comment

Originally posted by formigo
                            HOW BOUT "AI-YEAH"???????????

how come no one scratches that one no mo

that's off here we go(live at the funhouse) by run dmc....i'd kill for the original promo 12 of that!
                            http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

Working...
                            X