Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Greg Foat LP via Leocrowd

New LP via crowd funding/ pledge at leocrowd.com

Oh, and in response to my question regarding UK live dates, the answer was "absolutely"

Here's the blurb

"I have just finished my 6th Album which will be released in spring of next year. This is a new side project entitled 'The Honey Bears'. It is somewhat different from previous albums in that it will be quite ambient and experimental in nature. It is a collaboration between Warren Hampshire of The Bees and myself.

We will be recording at the excellent Mattias Glava studio in Gothenburg, Sweden, which has all sorts of incredible vintage analogue equipment. Mattias has produced hundreds of amazing albums for many bands including 'Soundtrack Of Our Lives', 'Dungen' and 'Hawkan Hellstrom'.

The funds raised from this crowdfunding campaign will enable us to record and produce the album. This special album will be pressed up on 180gm vinyl, in a limited run of only one thousand hand numbered LPs."
    Last edited by e3sa934; 05-12-2016, 07:24 AM. Reason: Blurb added
    OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Last day of this if anyone's interested.

Comment

Got this last week- all analog and it's a beautiful thing. Pick it up before it goes!:

https://aotns.bandcamp.com/album/gal...grains-of-sand
      Light surface marks, sleeve is torn near centre of opening (due to rough removal of disk by a moron)

Comment

Originally posted by Papa needledroppin' View Post
        Got this last week- all analog and it's a beautiful thing. Pick it up before it goes!:

https://aotns.bandcamp.com/album/gal...grains-of-sand
        That's not actually the crowd-funded one. But, like all his records, is very very good. Official launch party in Glasgow as part of the Jazz Fest on Thursday 22nd June at The Admiral. I'll be spinning some records, but don't let that put you off... Would be nice to see some "Vultures" at it.

www.facebook.com/events/283297862140484
        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Here you go then!
          Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
            That's not actually the crowd-funded one. But, like all his records, is very very good. Official launch party in Glasgow as part of the Jazz Fest on Thursday 22nd June at The Admiral. I'll be spinning some records, but don't let that put you off... Would be nice to see some "Vultures" at it.

www.facebook.com/events/283297862140484
            What's the difference between this release and the crowdfunded one? I tried signing up for that Leocrowd but I ended up mistakenly assigning a 'crowdfunding' account rather than a supporter of a campaign and seemingly couldn't change the status. Just kept getting various mails from the head honcho of Leocrowd about what I'm going to do when I only wanted a bloody LP!.
            Light surface marks, sleeve is torn near centre of opening (due to rough removal of disk by a moron)

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
              Here you go then!
              Dirty boy!
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Any crowdfunders on here had their stuff from Greg yet? Thought they'd be the first ones to go out but no sign of mine yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Melter View Post
                  Any crowdfunders on here had their stuff from Greg yet? Thought they'd be the first ones to go out but no sign of mine yet.
                  Don't think it's been manufactured yet?

Comment

No sign yet. Doesn't seem like they've reached their target though, no idea if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by henry View Post
                      No sign yet. Doesn't seem like they've reached their target though, no idea if that makes a difference.
                      With that funding site I think they only needed to get over the 50% mark to get the cash, which they did. I thought they'd had a full release on the 26th May but it seems to be still on pre-order with 26th June showing.

It's very confusing when people on here and FB are commenting on what a wonderful package it is and it doesn't seem to be out yet! Got me all excited thinking it was going to arrive this week.

Comment

Has anyone heard any more about this release? The Leocrowd project page shows £2052 out of £4000 reached ... I tried to pose a question on the site using the 'Ask It Here' button, but ended up with a message "The recipient does not exist"

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Originally posted by e3sa934 View Post
                          Has anyone heard any more about this release? The Leocrowd project page shows £2052 out of £4000 reached ... I tried to pose a question on the site using the 'Ask It Here' button, but ended up with a message "The recipient does not exist"
                          I'm helping assemble the artwork for this release - as far as I'm aware the music is recorded and mixed, and about to be mastered. Vinyl pressings take about two months - so it's a wee while away, but sure it'll be well worth the wait. All his albums are...

Comment

Any idea on how to pre-order if not a Leocrowd funder? As I said earlier, I can't change the status from signup so wasn't able to pledge. Also, does anyone know if he's doing any UK dates soon? I see there's one for next month in Paris so hoping there's more TBC...

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post

I'm helping assemble the artwork for this release - as far as I'm aware the music is recorded and mixed, and about to be mastered. Vinyl pressings take about two months - so it's a wee while away, but sure it'll be well worth the wait. All his albums are...
                              Thank you Mr D! I'll sit tight and wait for it to drop!

Comment

Working...
                              X