Dullesville postage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dullesville postage question

I believe that for postage within the UK there is a weight threshold beyond which the price jumps. 2KG?

What is the comparable threshold for postage from UK to Oz?

Someone in the UK is 'holding' for me. I had been planning to pick up when next in the UK. But I am keen to possess. Hence wondering about optimum postage weights and LP numbers.

Ta.

It's the same threshold

You can send up to 2kg to Oz quite affordably. It will vary slightly depending on how many records, but anything from £9 to £15 or so

Over 2kg and it jumps up dramatically. Parcelforce is very pricey so you'd be better off using a courier site like p4d to find a better price

Or get the package split up into manageable <2kg parcels

I remember taking a US-bound parcel to the post office and was quoted £45 to send. Went home and split it into two parcels... the result w

Comment

... the result was half-price!

Comment

Without wanting to hijack the thread (apologies!), does anyone know If there is a similar optimum weight threshold for parcels coming from the US to the UK?

I've got 150 LPs waiting over there and have been bringing them back each time I visit, but keep adding to them so never quite clear the decks!
        the monkey speaks his mind

Comment

In which case I'll probably ask him to send it. Not sure if/when I'll be in the UK in 2017.

Ta

Comment

Working...
          X