Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flashback

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flashback

    I don't know if many of you are readers of Flashback Magazine, which is edited by Richard Morton Jack and is essentially an adjunct to the Galactic Ramble book. I recently looked at the most recent issue that I have, and noticed that it is the Spring 2016 issue. Checking the website indicates that Spring 2016 is indeed the most recent issue. That's a larger gap than usual. Does anyone have any info on when or if a new issue may come out?
    https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  • #2
    The research is top notch, and well worth the wait. I'm sure the next issue will turn up soon. RMJ posts here so i'm sure he can keep us up to date with the great journal
    I got the Spring 2013 back Issue as a Christmas gift. The Mighty Baby Overview was a great piece.
    sigpicRock on Penderyn

    Comment


    • #3
      Funnily enough, been checking the Flashback website recently to see if a new issue was due soon. Always look forward to a new issue, more so than ever now that we've lost two magazines from the "physical" world, namely "Classic Rock" and "Prog" (along with "Metal Hammer") due to the collapse of their publisher.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks a lot for the interest and kind remarks. I have been at work on the next issue for a year now. The bottom line is that it doesn't get any easier to put together, especially with other demands on my time, and I would rather it took longer and was up to the same standard as its predecessors than be rushed and inferior in any way. A lot of the time I would have spent on the new issue last year was devoted to writing a book that's coming out this Spring, but I now have a reasonably clear run at getting the mag finished. The cover story has been very hard to pull together, for reasons that will be obvious when it's done! I am also hoping to complete the mammoth Galactic Ramble overhaul this year, which has been ticking away ever since the first edition came out in 2009 or so...
        Must grade overall visually at least as Good minus!!! (graded STRICTLY to the UK RRPG standards, not overgraded AT ALL!!!)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by glengowla View Post
          Thanks a lot for the interest and kind remarks. I have been at work on the next issue for a year now. The bottom line is that it doesn't get any easier to put together, especially with other demands on my time, and I would rather it took longer and was up to the same standard as its predecessors than be rushed and inferior in any way. A lot of the time I would have spent on the new issue last year was devoted to writing a book that's coming out this Spring, but I now have a reasonably clear run at getting the mag finished. The cover story has been very hard to pull together, for reasons that will be obvious when it's done! I am also hoping to complete the mammoth Galactic Ramble overhaul this year, which has been ticking away ever since the first edition came out in 2009 or so...
          Thanks, Richard. It is so well done, I certainly wouldn't want to see that compromised. I am glad to hear that another issue will be coming, though. Imo, it's an indispensable resource and always interesting.
          https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

          Comment


          • #6
            Plenty to look forward to then, a new book, new issue of Flashback and a revised edition of Galactic Ramble. That's three things on my new years shopping list already.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thought I'd bump up this thread, any news of the next issue of Flashback Richard? And of course latest news on the update of Galactic Ramble.

              Comment


              • #8
                There are so many UK records of the type in Galactic Ramble that are not in the original edition, that a Volume 2 would easily be just as large as Vol 1.
                https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just in case anybody's not noticed, issue 9 of Flashback is now available, got mine ordered.
                  http://flashbackmag.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yep, just waiting for them to make their way to Forced Exposure.
                    https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by korova View Post
                      Just in case anybody's not noticed, issue 9 of Flashback is now available, got mine ordered.
                      http://flashbackmag.com/
                      Does it have something to do with Jeff Dexter in it? Richard got in touch with me to ask if he could use my interview for a piece he was writing.
                      http://www.djhistory.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby View Post

                        Does it have something to do with Jeff Dexter in it? Richard got in touch with me to ask if he could use my interview for a piece he was writing.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X