Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i return for that little collection???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i return for that little collection???

just came across a little collection of 60s/70s stuff but had no money with me. should i return???

- walrus - s/t
    - amen corner - world of...
    - ides of march - world woven
    - ides of march - midnight oil
    - thee prophets - playgirl
    - east side kids - the tiger and the lamb
    - tin tin - astral taxi
    - douglas flint dillard - you don't need
    - pookah - s/t
    - france gall - mais aime la 45
    - anthony philips - wise after all

what do you think?
    Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

the pookah lp has a couple of good tracks on it...definately worth picking up...
    http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

Originally posted by effi_deep
      just came across a little collection of 60s/70s stuff but had no money with me. should i return???

- walrus - s/t
      - amen corner - world of...
      - ides of march - world woven
      - ides of march - midnight oil
      - thee prophets - playgirl
      - east side kids - the tiger and the lamb
      - tin tin - astral taxi
      - douglas flint dillard - you don't need
      - pookah - s/t
      - france gall - mais aime la 45
      - anthony philips - wise after all

what do you think?
      I'd have thought that 'how much?' is quite an important question. I've listened to 'Playgirl' before (nice cover) but didn't find much to justify the £7 price tage. Pookah is reviewed by Motown here and looks interesting to me... I only know 'Vehicle' by the Ides Of March and that's excellent funky rock. Other than that, I'd have to google them and make an educated guess...
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

grab the Pookah - I was playing it last night and thinking 'what a fine album this is' and the Walrus - drums! as featured on the dodgy UK breaks and beats bootie that came out recently. The Ides of March albums I listened to a good while ago and didn't rate at all, nothing as good as 'Vehicle' IMO.
        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
          I'd have thought that 'how much?' is quite an important question. I've listened to 'Playgirl' before (nice cover) but didn't find much to justify the £7 price tage. Pookah is reviewed by Motown here and looks interesting to me... I only know 'Vehicle' by the Ides Of March and that's excellent funky rock. Other than that, I'd have to google them and make an educated guess...

rich hero, i'm living in switzerland! "how much" is a question we don't even know! the sad truth is, i've already spent my "vinyl-budget" for the upcoming month...but as i've seen these i had to think twice it's great to fool myself the whole time they're all between 3 and 10 dollars. i could get it a bit cheaper in the whole package

Comment

rich hero, i'm living in switzerland! "how much" is a question we don't even know!
            Put it this way, there's two copies of Pookah on eBay for 20 euros right now. If you'd said 'Pookah is 30 euros' I'd have replied that you'd be better of visiting eBay. As it is it sounds as though 'between 3 and 10 dollars' sounds good for a punt.
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

pookah is definately worth it for that price....
              http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

The Amen Corner record isn't particularly great, nice cheesy 60s pop but nothing out of the ordinary if I remember correctly...
                Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

I'd happily pay that much for the Walrus LP.... been after that for ages
                  Matt Hero

Comment

Tin Tin

what is this "tin tin" record about??? i just think i know it from somewhere but can't remember...but it looks just very cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Hero
                      I'd happily pay that much for the Walrus LP.... been after that for ages
                      came across one on ebay for 10$.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

good luck...

Comment

Cheers !
                        Matt Hero

Comment

what is this "tin tin" record about??? i just think i know it from somewhere but can't remember...but it looks just very cool!!
                          nobody knows if that "tin tin" record is nice? i know, it's produced by gibbs for the beegees but that doesn't have to mean a thing, or does it???

Comment

Tin Tin

nobody knows if that "tin tin" record is nice? i know, it's produced by gibbs for the beegees but that doesn't have to mean a thing, or does it???
                            This might help. You can hear the whole of the track 'Tomorrow Today' from 'Astral Taxi' played here . Scroll forward to 18 minutes 45 seconds to hear it right after Stackridge. Sounds a lot like a group who like The Beatles - (Strawberry Fields) / Clifford T. Ward / Roy Harper .

I strangely like it and the tracklisting for 'Gaylord Fields' generally is very curious.

Gonna listen to the rest of it whilst I 'Zuma Deluxe' to unwind!

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/12904

Haven't posted a 'link' before so fingers crossed!
                            <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Working...
                            X