No announcement yet.

Weird French Library Jazz Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird French Library Jazz Question....

I have copies of Vladimir Cosma's Insolite & Co. and Camille Sauvage's Fantasmagories and I've listened to them endlessly! Does anyone have or know of any other euro library albums that even come close to sounding like these (chimes, vibes, harpischord, bass). Spooky, weird, and somewhat abstract, these albums sound like beatnik era jazz crossed with psychedelia in a early '60 horror film.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

-Jonny

Moved ya to the main forum. You'll get more love here.

I don't actually know these records - beatnik psych jazz. Sounds good.

I have a library called 'Music pour la route' on Sonimage which might fit the bill. Let me dig it out.

Erm what else. Maybe the Dr Terrorsl 45 thats been recently booted? Is that spooky jazz? I didn't bother with it because I don't think it had the amazing voodoo groovy tune on there from the film. Damn Tubby could rock.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Hello.

I recommend UNIVERS 2000 Eric Framond on MP 2000. Nice mix of Ornette Coleman style jazz with percussion and soprano voice!
      Saw this on ebaY recently and it wemt for around US$70.

Cheers,
      David S.
      God bless Fatso.

Comment

Originally posted by soundsville
        Hello.

I recommend UNIVERS 2000 Eric Framond on MP 2000. Nice mix of Ornette Coleman style jazz with percussion and soprano voice!
        Saw this on ebaY recently and it wemt for around US$70.

Cheers,
        David S.
        No way that that's a $70 record. That's stupid.
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny
          I have copies of Vladimir Cosma's Insolite & Co. and Camille Sauvage's Fantasmagories and I've listened to them endlessly! Does anyone have or know of any other euro library albums that even come close to sounding like these (chimes, vibes, harpischord, bass). Spooky, weird, and somewhat abstract, these albums sound like beatnik era jazz crossed with psychedelia in a early '60 horror film.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

-Jonny
          seem to remember Roger Roger 'Drama & Suspense' (Crea) being similar n style to Insolite & Co..........

Comment

Contrebasses on telemusic by guy pederson. This has got a nice mixture of upbeat songs and some more sombre moody ones. The whole lp revolves around a bass theme, music is played by a small group but some tracks have got enteresting effects done to the bass . Two of the upbeat tunes where comped on the blow up exclusive blend lp (vol.3) but the slow drama tunes are real nice, such as 'patio bass' and obsession diabolique' slow jazzy and moody.

Talking about that UNIVERS 2000 Ive seen a copy saying its by camille sauvage and another saying its by eric framond. I am confused???

'Pulsion' by jacques loussier, I,ve only heard the single from the lp which was apperently sampled by eminem but dont let that put you off. Classical little piano riff accompanied with nice drums, with some exelent spooky wordless vocals and some serious humming

Vladimir cosma did the OST to DIVA an exellent film from the 80's (well worth seeing) I got one on ebay for a couple o pounds not so long ago

'Hunted' off of mindbender (stringtronics) also springs to mind
            Last edited by maWhie; 31-03-2005, 05:09 PM.
            Earfuzz

Comment

Originally posted by maWhie

Talking about that UNIVERS 2000 Ive seen a copy saying its by camille sauvage and another saying its by eric framond. I am confused???
              I seem to remember reading on here somewhere that they are the same person?

$70 does seem quite a lot for that, got my one for a bout a tenner and I remember seeing it go on the bay for about $30 about a year ago. Great album though.
              www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

I am a big avant garde jazz man, so UNIVERS 2000 is a real fave. I bought another ERIC FRAMOND MP2000 called "The Magic Garden". Not as good but has a nice pan flute track ala Georges Zamfir. It may even be Zamfir playing it, I am not sure.

David S.
                God bless Fatso.

Comment

Je ne suis pas un chameau, je suis Fran├žais ! Aidez-moi!

Originally posted by Jonny

-Jonny

I search the Vladimir Cosma's " INSOLITE & CO" since a lot of time ! Can you help me ?

Comment

Originally posted by maWhie

UNIVERS 2000 has been released on two different labels. On MP2000 and credited to Eric Framond; and St. Germain des Pres credited as Camille Sauvage. I have read somewhere the Roger Roger is Eric Framond and Camille Sauvage.

Cheers,

David S.
                    God bless Fatso.

Comment

Eric Framond and Camille Sauvage are the same person. Not Roger Roger tho. i've been told that the voice you hear on Univers 2000 is Eva Roger.

there are 2 vladimir Cosma lps on Patchwork that are in this style i think its number 3 & 20 but i need to check to be sure.
                      http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

Thanks for clearing up the Univers2000 question.

On the subject of library alter ego's

I've also heard that Jacky giordano was responsable for the italo disco LP Black devil disco club

I believe he was also credited as Jacky nodaro on a freesound LP.

Who is Robert Hermel? singer?

Another recomendation (not that Ive heard it) would be claude vasori's ionic scrabble. Stupidly rare and expensive, I believe.. One I heavily regret purchasing when I had the chance

Anyone got a copy?
                        Earfuzz

Comment

Working...
                        X