Charity Shop Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charity Shop Challenge

I was wondering, what with the chat late last year about updating the site and such like, whether folks on the board were up for resurrecting the Charity Shop Challenge this year? When I joined the board it was one of the most, dare I say it, exciting threads for myself and really helped push me outwith my comfort zone when out. I really enjoy the reports and seeing different parts of the UK and abroad and there seems to be a real sense of camaraderie on those threads - what do folks think? If we do - same rules/parameters or with changing times do we consider some amendments?

I'm up for it - just need to choose a likely location. Any EH peeps up for a road trip?
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Tempted 'cos its fun but the charity shops have been so stale I'd be lucky to spend a tenner on recurds.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I'd be up for this, always enjoyed the threads, never actually carried one out.

Comment

Up for it.
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
            I'm up for it - just need to choose a likely location. Any EH peeps up for a road trip?
            Do FK peeps count? I was planning on heading to Dundee and surrounds in mid February (tentatively planned as a CSC) and maybe an Ayrshire trip or Fife. Other times dependent on family commitments as I'm sure is the same for many

Comment

Yep from me.
              Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Never going to happen

These are VG+ new year resolutions. Everyone will have forgotten this come the Summer.
                it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Have you found a Quartz yet Jude?

Comment

I'm up for it
                    The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by dukowski83 View Post
                      "Never going to happen" Or is it?
                      Everyone tear down your own little wall
                      That keeps you from being a part of it all
                      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by dukowski83 View Post
                        I didn't find one myself, but Oldschooltramp (once of this parish) very kindly gave me a copy a couple of years ago. What a gent

BTW I'm going to resurrect this thread later in the year to remind you all that you haven't done a CSC yet
                        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

I've always wanted to do one.

The problem is the local chazzers always seem to be dry. And many are in totally non-descript buildings in light-industrial locations. So, it will be a job of work to arrange it so that I either come away with (a) records (b) nice pictures or (c) both.

Provisional yes - it will need some planning.

Comment

I'm up for it. A good hour or two most Saturdays is spend perusing some of the dozens of charity shops in my neck of the woods, so documenting a trip via words and pix is easy enough. Count me in.

Comment

Good to see so many of us up for it, so the question remains - what are the rules? Do we stick with the £10 standard, hit one or as many charity's shops as you like within a day and post up copious pictures? Any other categories we want to add in a la the old favourites of object d'art, S2S classics or boring books?

Comment

Working...
                              X