Bring it up! thursday 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring it up! thursday 12th

If any of you have been bored/ sad enough to look at the deepfunk message board, you will already know what a variety of treats is in store for you this month at the newly ressurrected Bring It Up!, which has retuirned from the grave due to the thrashing out of a new deal (i.e free drinks and taxis home, instead of a kick in the f*cking teeth) with the bar manager.  

For your pleasure, we have:

- special guest slots from 'benny dope' and 'Joss Davies', whose reputations precede them, naturally
    - a 1 off sound clash, Jazzman gerald vs. the spiritual leader of the Taliban, the mighty Mullah Omar. The Mullah Omar will be playing a selection of new bashment records, no doubt  including current athems 'Get Busy' by Sean Paul, and 'Pon de River, Pon de Bank' by Elephant Man. I fully expect Jazzman Gerald to get served, as the Mullah O is a full time fundamentalist dancehall warlord. This is a rare chance to see the elusive man, wanted as he is by the American military. More Fire! Mullah Omar come fe kill a soundbwoy tonight!(Jazzman Gerald tbc)
    - a special advance screening of our cult classic 'Raiders of the Lost Darge', in which Iandiana Wright buys the Ark of the Covenant off ebay.

Its going to be a stormer, we're the best.

so heres what you need to know:

Bring It Up! @ The Asylum, 1a Percy st, W1 (corner of Rathbone place and charlotte st, nearest tube tottenham ct rd.) 9ish - 2.30ish, free entry, Becks £1.50 b4 10, musical entertainment in the form of
    Funk - very rare, not so rare, some US, some not..
    Soul - of all kinds
    Hip-Hop - old to the new
    Reggae - scratchy old ska to tweaked-out bashment
    Pop Hits - if they meet with approval. i.e. Timberlake, Beyonce, etc., and especially if the only people in are random drunken twats who don't know what real music sounds like, and are in any case only after a drunken fumble with some other smashed fool from their shitty office.

so come on you lot, there won't be any records to swap, but instead there might be some girls there, and drinking and music and social fun type stuff. maybe. nick? ed? anyone? its free for f*cks sake, and I promise you'll hear records that you've never heard before.
Working...
X