HG's Bottom Shelf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HG's Bottom Shelf

This is the first 2 (of around 12 parts) answering one of life's great questions: "so HG, what's on the bottom shelf?"
    Well, these are those other records which I keep for the strangest of reasons. It could be for 1 or 2 tracks
    or some spoken word link or maybe just the sleeve, or simply because I'd had a good day when I found them.
    It's easier for me to share these clips here via my FB page and I hope you find some of them of interest.
    Of course I'm happy to answer any questions like wtf is that?! etc.

bottom shelf vinyl #1

bottom shelf vinyl #2
    The Garden Facebook Blog

This sounds like a fab idea - bottom shelves, backs of cupboards/wardrobes, forgotten piles all must hold some epic sleeves and one trackers. Looking forward to this immensely

Comment

thanks, I hope the clips work OK? I know FB links can be a bit unreliable, please let me know if anyone has any probs viewing
      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

I'll check later - the link definitely took me to a Facebook video but the toddler is singing gibberish while watching Peppa Pig so now ain't the time for cranking up any obscuro music

Comment

I've seen that Stantonbury Campus Theatre Company for sale at £500. Is it worth that much? Well, it is if you get it, I guess.
          https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Originally posted by moecurlythanu View Post
            I've seen that Stantonbury Campus Theatre Company for sale at £500. Is it worth that much? Well, it is if you get it, I guess.
            it's yours for £200 = BARGAIN
            The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
              it's yours for £200 = BARGAIN
              I already have 2 copies, one with the booklet, one without. I'm a broker, not a buyer. Wasn't any of mine at £500 though.

Comment

damn, my fiendish ruse failed... I too have the one with the booklet, it must be worth £20 tops to be honest
                The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Some lovely looking sleeves there that I'd be picking up if I came across them, namely:

Cecil Sharp House
                  Memphis Slim
                  New Horizons ? Relaxation?
                  Argo Voices

Comment

Hair Goes Latin and Burbank Philharmonic are hard filed round these parts.

Always wanted those Argo LPs because my mum (English Teacher) had the books. Never seen them cheap though, and there's 2 LPs per book, so 6 to find in total I guess.

Also like the look of those educational records for kids. Always wanted to find the one (I think it's a Christian one?) sampled by Tim Love Lee on the last few tracks of his first album where the boy has to spank his father for punishment

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post

Also like the look of those educational records for kids. Always wanted to find the one (I think it's a Christian one?) sampled by Tim Love Lee on the last few tracks of his first album where the boy has to spank his father for punishment
                      they really are all great, one was sampled by Tim Love Lee to good effect as you mentioned and also Company Flow on this (cheeky) tune

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

oh right, cheers, I didn't actually realise it was one of those in the video

Comment

it's even got the pings that separate each track on the disc, which is kinda weird too
                          The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Great stuff Mr. Gardener, what about your "Top shelf" though? Lets have a look at them too...
                            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                              damn, my fiendish ruse failed... I too have the one with the booklet, it must be worth £20 tops to be honest
                              There's one on the web for £50. It's not on Discogs. It may be rarer than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X