X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint Jude
    replied
    Good work that man

I don't think I've visited 43 charities in all my CSC's put together!

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    I'm having a listen on youtube parts of it are right up my street with that early jazz rock sound and proggy little bridges here and there but it seems a bit incoherent in places. I can see how a quick needle drop might make Willy think it wasn't worth going back as it changes styles a few times over the course of the record. Cracking find though. I might take a punt on a copy if I see one online as it seems relatively cheap.

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    I had the Dada LP - couldn't get on with it but on paper it looks ace - Don Shinn, Radiophonics connection and...erm...Elkie Brooks.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    I had the Dada LP - couldn't get on with it but on paper it looks ace - Don Shinn, Radiophonics connection and...erm...Elkie Brooks.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Crikey I'd have to do a tour of 7 or 8 towns to hit near 43! It's so dead around here as regards restocking and I'm without wheels at the moment anyway but I think I'd be full on Jim Revvesed out by the end of it. Great going, I hit a nice Bob Marley motherlode a few years ago when a woman was selling off her brothers vinyl otherwise I don't think I'd own any. What is that 'Dada' all about, prog, southern, country, dixieland?

Leave a comment:

• admcc77
    replied
    Originally posted by Willy-Fogg View Post
    Damn, I could've brought that LP I've still got put to one side for you

I'll zap you a text about that in the next couple of days...

WF
    Thanks mate, that would be good. no rush. Hope the new gig is going well?

Leave a comment:

• Campag Record
    replied
    Try the track She Walks Away. I enjoyed it so much I put it on a vg+ mix.

Leave a comment:

• Willy-Fogg
    replied
    Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
    Ha, as above, I recognise some of those as well. Looked at that Blackalicious 12" the other day but I decided to leave it, just for you!
    Thanks for leaving it I really didn't need it and it was a whopping £1.99. Charmed by the shopkeeper was I.

Originally posted by jay View Post
    The Peter knight orchestra plays Sgt pepper is brilliant mate.
    I have it but with a different cover
    Yay! That's what charity shop vinyl buying should be all about. Taking chances and being pleasantly surprised. Obviously having low expectations helps too

Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
    I like the Dada lp. Good charity shop find I would say.
    It's the first one due on the deck when I get home. I should point out that last night's needle drop was all of about 5 seconds. The kettle boiled quicker than expected so I filled my hot water bottle and cold-footed it to bed.

WF

Leave a comment:

• Campag Record
    replied
    I like the Dada lp. Good charity shop find I would say.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    The Peter knight orchestra plays Sgt pepper is brilliant mate.
    I have it but with a different cover

Leave a comment:

• bennyboy
    replied
    Ha, as above, I recognise some of those as well. Looked at that Blackalicious 12" the other day but I decided to leave it, just for you!

Glad to see you didn't make it to a couple of my favourites (wipes sweat from brow).

Leave a comment:

• dukowski83
    replied
    43 is a good effort!! If I'd had more time I could have got up to about 32 in greater Dundee but missed out a couple of coastal towns just outside. Always impressed when folk manage to get 'backstage' so to say. I've been in the basement of a charity shop in Linlithgow which was interesting - loads of vinyl just sitting there. Got a few bits but would love to see what other shops are sitting on

Leave a comment:

• Willy-Fogg
    replied
    Originally posted by admcc77 View Post
    The Blatchington Road/George Street nexus..... You were on my doorstep, so I recognise a couple of those LPs, I think....
    Damn, I could've brought that LP I've still got put to one side for you

I'll zap you a text about that in the next couple of days...

WF

Leave a comment:

• cratedigger
    replied
    43? Malmö is twice the size of Brighton and I can only think of about 10. We are not very charitable it seems.
    But we have about as many record shops.

Leave a comment:

• admcc77
    replied
    The Blatchington Road/George Street nexus..... You were on my doorstep, so I recognise a couple of those LPs, I think....

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    That looks like a reasonable haul. I don't know whether it stacks up from a CBA point of view. But you actually got some usable vinyl out of that excursion - I hardly bother with the chazzers here nowadays.

Are we to infer that Brighton has a plenty of prosperous people who can keep the chazzers stocked? Or is it demand driven (poor locals) - with the stock coming from outside? Or a bit of both?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X