reggae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reggae

the most confusing genre to buy. so many variations of the same theme, sub genres, studios etc..
    plus these are records that don't seem to pop up often.

ive been looking for the reggae I like. it seems is reggae from 76 - 84... took me about 20 years on and off research to find this out.
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

ROOTS!

Comment

Originally posted by candiman View Post
      ROOTS!
      ROCKERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
        the most confusing genre to buy. so many variations of the same theme, sub genres, studios etc..
        plus these are records that don't seem to pop up often.

ive been looking for the reggae I like. it seems is reggae from 76 - 84... took me about 20 years on and off research to find this out.
        I thought you were bang into ragga? Roots, early dancehall and lovers is fine but there isn´t much gun talk or bad bwoys dismembering their rivals.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I love ragga. but always been looking for the stalag / black rose kind of stuff. parents were into the late 60s ska etc, so my knowledge of lates 70s / early 80s was empty. I thought it was all lovers rock and Bob Marley. turns out this is where all the good stuff has been hiding
          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I'm 1985–2005. Digi through to jiggy daggering and shocking slackness.
            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I love ragga. but always been looking for the stalag / black rose kind of stuff. parents were into the late 60s ska etc, so my knowledge of lates 70s / early 80s was empty. I thought it was all lovers rock and Bob Marley. turns out this is where all the good stuff has been hiding

Comment

While I love a lot of 60s stuff and some 80s and 90s. I'd more or less agree that the 70s was the best stuff. Aside from On U Sound I never concerned myself too much with OGs of reggae as they never really existed here in Ireland but have been a long time buyer of Blood & Fire and Pressure Sounds releases.

In particular I love Keith Hudson. Strange sounds and a top songwriter.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Chaka demus vs shabba ranks rough and rugged was one of my favourite lp in the 80,s big fan of yellow man as well
                  ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                    In particular I love Keith Hudson. Strange sounds and a top songwriter.
                    Thanks for reminding me - picked up the "Brand" dub album on pre-release backintheday before it had a name...

Comment

^^ There's a great version of 'blood shot eyes' by Santic (Leonard Chin) with a fine vocal on Santic (1977).

Also listened to Toddler T on R1 last night/this morning who played a few decent brand new Kingston JA releases.
                      record licker

Comment

Rootsman Skank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koBoaqQS1bY
                        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

this sums up perfectly what i have been looking for
                          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

this sums up perfectly what i have been looking for
                            Here's a killer 80s cut from Lion Youth.

Comment

This one has it all

Comment

Working...
                              X