Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack White is Willy Wonka

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jack White is Willy Wonka

    Brand spanking new record pressing plant opening up in Detroit.

    http://www.djfood.org/third-man-record-pressing-plant/

    Pretty cool that is pressing up old Detroit stuff from the Stooges/MC5, techno records and local Detroit bands all under the same roof.
    'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

  • #2
    Right on with the Willy Wonka comparison.

    I find it very creepy in its slickness, like they're making records from body parts or something.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

    Comment


    • #3
      If I had the $$$ I'd do the same

      But I wouldn't make my workers wear company branded onesies
      http://www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk

      http://www.fatcity.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        to be honest, I prefered his early stuff when he was doing 78's

        The Garden Facebook Blog

        Comment


        • #5
          My plant would have a strict vest and hat policy. It would be equipped with broomsticks and be a lot squidgier.


          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            featuring eight completely new record presses,
            amazing. I didnt think anyone made these things anymore. Everytime you hear of a new plant you always hear of reconditioned presses. they must have been re-designed from scratch
            Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by babycart View Post
              My plant would have a strict vest and hat policy. It would be equipped with broomsticks and be a lot squidgier.


              BC - I've searched many times for that footage - but without success!

              When I first saw it on TV - it answered so many questions about how come "brand new" JA records could be so knackered - the lady at 00:37 calmly stacking 7" on top of each other without a care in the world gave me nightmares for months afterwards.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                amazing. I didnt think anyone made these things anymore. Everytime you hear of a new plant you always hear of reconditioned presses. they must have been re-designed from scratch
                I wonder if he is using traditional style machines/techniques or if he is using something along the lines of the tech used here https://blog.discogs.com/en/injectio...of-the-future/
                'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

                Comment


                • #9
                  id do the same thing if I won the lottery.
                  instagram.com/vinylhoard

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jazzman Gerald View Post
                    But I wouldn't make my workers wear company branded onesies
                    Surprising that Jack White isn't down with traditional Oompah Loompah factory garb

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                      BC - I've searched many times for that footage - but without success!

                      When I first saw it on TV - it answered so many questions about how come "brand new" JA records could be so knackered - the lady at 00:37 calmly stacking 7" on top of each other without a care in the world gave me nightmares for months afterwards.
                      I like the Joe Gibbs burger at 00:16.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                        to be honest, I prefered his early stuff when he was doing 78's
                        That Jack White was an interesting chap - he became utterly disillusioned with music in the 1960s, set fire to all reminders of his former career, and spent the rest of his life denying he'd ever been a musician.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          At the launch party there's exclusive 45s by Derrick May and Carl Craig - I NEED THESE RECORDS!!!!
                          Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

                          Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

                          Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X