Am I missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I missing something?

I found this record in a box I bought off a Facebook ad, and now I'm puzzled?

https://www.discogs.com/Raymond-Aske...elease/8925386

Two copies for sale around 75€, zero wants. Am I missing something or is this just random discogs craziness by the Dane and Australian who put it up for sale?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

I reckon its a case of the first seller seeing there are no copies for sale, putting their one up at a high price to see if anyone will bite.

Second seller looks the record up, sees it is for sale for a high price, thinks that is what it is actually worth and prices their copy a little lower.

In reality nobody wants it and they will both sit there gathering online dust for ever.
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Yeah, that's my take as well. I may put it up for 5€ just to see what happens...
      "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Budget label pressing of a long-forgotten musical with no-one on the site wanting it and it never having sold before? I can't hit that purchase button fast enough!!!

Could be the two listings are from people suffering from the common, recent delusion that because 'vinyl's back', any old shite will sell...
        "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Not a bad price for this sought-after EZ Flapper grail. The reason there are no wants is that EZ Flapper collectros shun the internet and communicate by telegram.
          Play the killer cut Baby Face and set the strobe light off and you'll get the idea.
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

So, I just put it up for 5€ to shock the EZ flapper market. The spine split is probably a dealbreaker though :-)
            It'll be fun to see if the two fools selling at 75€ react.

Comment

ive listed really rare obscure stuff for peanuts and its gone immediately which i regretted.
              ive listed really rare obscure stuff for lots of money and its gone immediately which i loved.

gotta try havnt you
              Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

I did it again, 50p!

According to this, it's considered a valuable raer in the UK. Sweet!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Happy-Days...3D351932316546

Having said that the B-side has something and is credited to jazz drummer Egil Johansen. So maybe it's a wellknown secret and i have egg on my face. Or not.

Comment

a David Soul album or an ACTUAL soul? who knows/cares
                  The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

a David Soul album or an ACTUAL soul? who knows/cares
                    Well at least it's Gently used

Comment

I contributed these releases to Discogs last year, among some others:
                      Wild Angels - The Original Wild Angels
                      Hank Thompson - The New Green Light EP

After that, looks like someone has sold a copy of the Wild Angels LP for 50 euros! It's a 1997 compilation from a late 60s/70s band whose original albums sell for a few euros a piece. Why anyone would pay 50 € for a comp like that is beyond me.

The Hank Thompson EP is a German pressing from an unknown year. Now that I put it on Discogs, people are asking between 40$ and 60 € for it. I don't know the real value but that seems much.

Did I provoke these prices by adding the records to the database? Do people even realise that the reason Discogs has few copies for sale may just be that the release has only been there for a short time?
                      Last edited by RockerFrank; 06-04-2017, 10:35 AM. Reason: links not working
                      Find yourself a rainbow, a song a day and you won't grow old.

Comment

Originally posted by RockerFrank View Post
                        I contributed these releases to Discogs last year, among some others:
                        Wild Angels - The Original Wild Angels
                        Hank Thompson - The New Green Light EP

After that, looks like someone has sold a copy of the Wild Angels LP for 50 euros! It's a 1997 compilation from a late 60s/70s band whose original albums sell for a few euros a piece. Why anyone would pay 50 € for a comp like that is beyond me.

The Hank Thompson EP is a German pressing from an unknown year. Now that I put it on Discogs, people are asking between 40$ and 60 € for it. I don't know the real value but that seems much.

Did I provoke these prices by adding the records to the database? Do people even realise that the reason Discogs has few copies for sale may just be that the release has only been there for a short time?
                        Hank Thompson: 0 have 1 Wants. What makes 3 people think they'll get over £30 for it?
                        A year ago I offered someone £8 for a £9 record (he had the make an offer option and the record's never sold for more than £7) He declined the offer and he still has the record. Yes, why not hold it for a few years in the hope of eeking that extra £1 out of it. Thing is £8 would have bought him more last year than £9 will this year if he sells it. One person wants Hank Thompson, why not just sell it to them for a fiver? That's probably more than it's worth. Don't get me wrong, I like Hank and I've got his Hank Part 1 EP sat right in front of me.
                        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Should I order this Mega-Rare, Very Cool Misfits: Walk Among Us picture disc from Yankeeland for $420 + shipping?

Or maybe buy a stock copy for £20.75? Nah, that's just boring.
                          Find yourself a rainbow, a song a day and you won't grow old.

Comment

Working...
                          X