Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But if you've received double posts of that Idris Muhammad 45, you know where to post it....

Comment

What news of the move to a new version of V Bulletin? I still see double posts, and I've had not able to edit experiences so I'm assuming nothing's changed yet?
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Sure they'll let you know when they all get back from their free holiday in Ibiza

Comment

Still can't upload pics
          http://www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk

http://www.fatcity.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
            Sure they'll let you know when they all get back from their free holiday in Ibiza

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman Gerald View Post
              Still can't upload pics
              Test:

Hmmm ... it appears to be working ... who is your image host?
              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                Test:

Hmmm ... it appears to be working ... who is your image host?
                I think he wants to upload direct onto VG+ rather than via a third party (as there's never been an issue with that)
                new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Can everybody do me a favour and have a nosey through the archives to let me know if there's any strange characters appearing, especially when it comes to umlauts and the like?

I've had to had the database re-encoded before we can migrate and I was warned that it may possibly cause some 'quirks'. Let me know if you find anything, I can always roll back if it's gone horrendously wrong. Thanks!
                  MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Originally posted by ashra View Post
                    Can everybody do me a favour and have a nosey through the archives to let me know if there's any strange characters appearing, especially when it comes to umlauts and the like?

I've had to had the database re-encoded before we can migrate and I was warned that it may possibly cause some 'quirks'. Let me know if you find anything, I can always roll back if it's gone horrendously wrong. Thanks!
                    Do you mean when you get &#39; instead of an apostrophe? I see that a lot.
                    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by ashra View Post

Have done a bit of random trawling. Looks ok except for posts older than about 2006 which have their fair share of funny characters, but then they always have in my experience in trawls in recent times -except maybe a bit worse now? Only a very small sample though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                        Do you mean when you get ' instead of an apostrophe? I see that a lot.
                        Those errors in the database have been there since the 'board changed name to verygoodplus from vinylvulture.

Comment

Evening all.

As TechMod/AshRa hinted, we're nearing final fix on old-board and readying to migrate to, um, a brave new world.... \

We won't bore you with the details but suffice to say that what appeared to be a fairly simple migration proved to be, um, not. there's been manual gubbins, discussions about Swedish-Latin character sets and a range of other two-pipe problems to fix.

We now have a test site up and before we cut over to it, we're trying to make sure that the existing/ historic content is fit enough to make the leap into hyperspace, ergo TechMod's question.

So, please have a search/ dig through the existing site and let us know here (one post per user might be a good way to do it) any weird responses / character sets you get and (ideally) how old the post was that it found....

TVM.

With a bit of luck, we might be doing a cut-over this weekend.

any questions, post here.

Comment

I've checked all my postings which occasionally contain Japanese or other Asian language character sets and I haven't noticed any display problems.
                            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Alanmck, I am on an iPhone and can not figure out how to PM you for Paypal details.
                              I see you profile page but no PM option...

Comment

I think its about 2006 backwards with the apostrophe thing. I see them when I'm on threads with that Wallace chap on them.
                                Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Working...
                                X