Recommended electronic soundtracks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended electronic soundtracks

Just listening to a load of soundtracks at the moment - a music friend is looking to dip toes into soundtrack composition and i of course said I'd do a mixtape of some of my favourite soundtrack tracks as inspiration. I've put a mixed bag together but think I may be missing some more examples of more ambient electronic stuff - like Mica Levi and Clint Mansell, which will be more relevant to the likely style of music that she is going to be creating....... so anyone have some favourites in that ilk (John Carpenter is of course number one in the mix!) ? Or other examples that are very much from a DIY / home studio aesthetic ?
    "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Cristobal Tapia De Veer's soundtrack for the TV series Utopia is one of my favourites. he also did Humans which is good and I think Breaking bad.
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Sorcerer - Tangerine Dream
      The Thing - Morricone
      Assault at Precinct 13 - Carpenter
      Scarface - Moroder
      Blade Runner - Vangelis
      Friday the 13th
      The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Comment

Black Swan is good, thats Clint Mansell and High Rise.
        instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Someone put up YouTube link to Liquid Sky some time back. Which I seem to recall had an edgy 80's electronic vibe to it.

I have yet to listen to my copy X years after acquiring it.

Comment

The track was "Me and my rhythm box". Perhaps more a matter of period charm? I would have been more interested back then.

Does Phillip Glass qualify (putting aside the fact that it is too obvious)?

Cabernet Voltaire - Johnny Yes/No.

Comment

Choice typo there.

Comment

This is a O.S.T for a film that doesn't exist

https://www.discogs.com/KWC-92-Dream...elease/4984586
                'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Philip Glass of course! Which leads to the latest crop of Scandi/German minimalist musicians such as Nils Frahm and the guy who did Broadchurch soundtrack. Also Michael Nyman .......and now I recall Mogwai did a great soundtrack for that French TV series about zombies.....
                  "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
                    Philip Glass of course! Which leads to the latest crop of Scandi/German minimalist musicians such as Nils Frahm and the guy who did Broadchurch soundtrack. Also Michael Nyman .......and now I recall Mogwai did a great soundtrack for that French TV series about zombies.....
                    This one https://www.discogs.com/Mogwai-Zidan...elease/1027323
                    'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Andromeda Strain, Slumber Party Massacre, Shogun Assassin, Amsterdam Killer, Midnight Express, Nightmare on Elm St, Friday the 13th part III title theme, Forbidden World title theme, Invasion of the Bodysnatchers remake, Moon, Zombie Flesh Eaters main theme, plus oodles more.

Comment

I like this OST a lot. Good film, too.

Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

The prometheus soundtrack is good. Mark streitenfeld.

Comment

Hans Zimmer - Interstellar is brilliant too. Probably more dramatic overall but there's some good ambient bits as well

Comment

Andromeda Starin by Gill Melle (released on Kapp)

I think its being released again for record store day
                              sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Working...
                              X