Purging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purging

Lately I've been purging quite a bit. Sold a bunch to ppl via Facebook groups and to stores. Made a little scratch, but almost better is the feeling of relieving yourself of mediocre, irrelevant and unwanted records. It's like feng shui, brings energy and somehow draws out the other, wanted records. And leaves room to buy new ones of course...

Your thoughts?
    LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

I've started the long process of selling the bulk of my collection just recently. It's far better than i imagined it would be, in fact, i feel somehow refreshed and full of energy (as does my savings account)!
    The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
    Vault mint

Comment

lightening the load can be a good feeling for sure

Comment

I've been contemplating selling all my jungle 12s for a while now. I never play them anymore but ive Digitised them all (painful) for serato in case I feel like it one day.
        The prices on discogs for a lot of them are crazy. Seem to be increasing if anything...
        There's just some unknown force I can't explain stopping me from letting go. I can't put my finger on it

Comment

always good to purge. ive been doing it at the beginning of the year for the past few years.
          its good to get space and new interest in records you haven't played for a while.
          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
            I've been contemplating selling all my jungle 12s for a while now. I never play them anymore but ive Digitised them all (painful) for serato in case I feel like it one day.
            The prices on discogs for a lot of them are crazy. Seem to be increasing if anything...
            There's just some unknown force I can't explain stopping me from letting go. I can't put my finger on it
            With me it's almost the opposite. I only play my 90's jungle 12"'s and other 12"s I bought back in the day. The jazz/soul/funk/bollywood etc. are the records that get parked on the shelves.

Comment

How do people purge their more cheap records. I have plenty of albums around the usd 5-10 mark which I don't need. Specifically a lot of CTI stuff, easy to find soul and jazz, etc. What's the best way to sell, discogs, trading in a record shop, flea market?

Comment

We do a yard sale in my apartment house every spring, so that's my big yearly purge. I think I put out 4 crates last year, got rid of about 2.
                Then I try to have some culling going on all the time as well.
                Facebook groups are OK for getting rid of common stuff as well.
                ------------------------------------------------------
                "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Anyone suffering from compulsive decluttering?
                  It's the opposite of hoarding.
                  More here.
                  Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

I'm a recent convert. I've only just managed to mentally get round the idea of becomming un-attached to all the junk I have in my room. doing well on selling cds which is shocking me.
                    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

i have 4 large crates of cds in the loft. maybe I should purge them. I haven't even looked at them in 18 months. I didn't unpack them when I moved house.
                      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I'm on permanent purge, which means I'm always listening to borderline material. Collector's wasteland.
                        Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

A good proportion of my listening is checking out potential purges, which isn't ideal.

Also the situation is often like this:
                          * browse value of collection in Discogs looking for potential purges
                          * "Blimey, look at what that's going for now!"
                          * Listen to said item
                          * "Oh, it's pretty good actually, I think I'll keep it"

or sometimes (especially with 90s/00s albums):
                          * browse value of collection in Discogs looking for potential purges
                          * "Blimey, look at what that's going for now!"
                          * Take a few months before getting round to listening to said item
                          * Go to list item for sale on Discogs and see it's been reissued in the meantime, value has plummeted

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                            * Go to list item for sale on Discogs and see it's been reissued in the meantime, value has plummeted
                            as above
                            Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

As with Eine.

I seem to have acquired more LPs than usual recently. A certain amount of 'modern classical' that will go having had the barest of listens. Also other punts. Very few outright munter pieces - but depressingly few keepers.

I feel a buying moratorium coming on.

Comment

Working...
                              X