No announcement yet.

How many turntables are in your house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many turntables are in your house?

I just took delivery of a nice old turntable on Monday, and am planning on selling my old Rega once it's up and running. Which is when I realised how many turntables were in the house. And then added portables... Think it's time for a deck cull along with a vinyl cull!
    Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

It was 4, I had 2 vestax pdx's and 2 technics 1210's sold 2 of the vestax and sold a 1210....then sold another 1210....and then I got a very cheap pioneer plx 1000, now I want 2 vestax pdx's again as I want to get back into mixing.

Recommend me a decent cheap portable divine? Also was it you I bought some records off on discogs a while back?

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
      I just took delivery of a nice old turntable on Monday, and am planning on selling my old Rega once it's up and running. Which is when I realised how many turntables were in the house. And then added portables... Think it's time for a deck cull along with a vinyl cull!
      Not enough for sure, 6 I think in varying degrees of decay.
      Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

6 here.....

the 2 good bouncy ones aren't going anywhere.... AR Legend with Linn arm, and Thorens TD150 with Rega arm

classy immaculate old HMV suitcase autochanger for 78's, and a heavily modified Stanton DJ deck still get used

The loft holds a gummed up BSR Dansettey thing (though often ponder doing something with it's valve amp!)....and a Technics linear tracker which really is surplus to requirements

Think that's my lot

Comment

Originally posted by XenMaster View Post
          ...and a Technics linear tracker which really is surplus to requirements

Think that's my lot
          Absolutely love my Tech linear. For the main living room. the mrs and kids can operate it safely without damaging records. the lid is always closed so things like footballs hitting the deck dont cause an issue. and the sound is fantastic.
          Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

3 for me , couple of rega's , an RP3 and one in an Inspire wooden plinth and an old direct drive Yamaha YP 511 which is about to be culled

Comment

theres 5 in my loft. 4 in the house, plus a portable.
              the ones in the loft have been there for over 20 years though. I inherited them with the house. I should get them down
              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Glad to see I'm not alone having too many decks. I seem to have a pair of Technics, and Rega, a replacement for the Rega and four portables. And another Technics in the office...

Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post
                Recommend me a decent cheap portable divine? Also was it you I bought some records off on discogs a while back?
                It's entirely possible you bought some records off me, if so, hope you were happy with them! Let me know next time (if there is one!) and will throw in some freebies... I pretty much swear by Soundburgers, and they're not exactly cheap. Lee probably has more experience of different types than me.
                Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

8!

2 x Technics 1210
                  2 x Numark TTX
                  1 x Vestax BDT2500
                  1 x General Electric portable
                  1 x Bush portable
                  1 x stupid VW Van thing
                  new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Comment

jinkboirds

Comment

1 for listening on. Lp12
                        2 for messing about with. Technics 1210

Comment

B&O BeoGram 5000 (downstairs) linear tracking is the way to go with wife & kids
                          Pro-Ject Debut III (upstairs) my main turntable for every day use though its been usurped recently by...
                          Akai AP-B20C (study) I set this up because I was spending more time behind the PC, now its my most used player
                          Dual CS 505 (in storage) 30 years old
                          Lenco USB thingy (storage) thought I needed this, turns out I almost never make mp3s from vinyl, intend selling it
                          Vestax Handy Trax portable - for holidays, though sound lacks power
                          Ion LP2GO portable - for markets
                          Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Hmm. Another thing I don't want to think about. But seeing as you ask:

2 x Technics 1210s
                            1 x Pioneer PL-510 (sounds lovely)
                            1 x Soundburger
                            1 x Vestax Handytrax
                            Another one with a little VW van, does that even count..?

So actually, not too bad. But all I really want is a Thorens from this bloke:
                            http://stores.ebay.co.uk/art-and-sou...=p4634.c0.m322

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
                              3 for me , couple of rega's , an RP3 and one in an Inspire wooden plinth and an old direct drive Yamaha YP 511 which is about to be culled

Hey Reza, you can cull the Yammie in my direction if you want. My daughter needs a TT to play her Smiths records on when she leaves home
                              Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

Working...
                              X