Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are people really that stupid?

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...hion-crossover

£200 for a Black Flag t-shirt anyone? ..... or you could get one from SST for $15!!!
    "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

So 2013

Comment

I sold an Iron Maiden shirt for 200 earlier this year. No questions asked.
      All the Wolpertingers

Comment

The answer is always yes. People are idiots and getting dumber by the day.
        'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Primark sells Nirvana, Motorhead, Sex Pistols, Slipknot shirts.
          the past gets re packaged and re sold. the models in primark windows are dressed like I was dressed in 1993.
          wearing a band shirt now doesn't mean you even like the band, you might not have even heard the band, you might not even know it is a band..

this must be what it was like in the 90s for My parents, seeing me in Hendrix / zeppelin shirts...
          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

There's a fashion researcher at Southampton Solent University whose done a project interviewing people who wear band t-shirts but who have no idea who the band are. I think the Ramones figure largest in it.

Pop has eaten itself, regurgitated the digested fibres and has stitched itself some fine new threads.
            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

As showcased at a previous VG+ Leeds record playing session, I designed my own Wurzels t-shirt in the style of the Ramones. After I put a photo of it on the Wurzels Facebook group the guy from the market who printed the t-shirt for me was inundated by orders from the West Country cider drinking community. He now lives in a massive mansion made of gold while I'm still huddled in a cold dark shed full of old comedy records. C'est la vie.
              The Downstairs Lounge
              http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
              http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

God on top of all those lps I left in chazzers over the years I now have a life long dispear about leaving all those t-shirts.
                Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Pic of the Wuramonezels t-shirt please Agnes!!!
                  Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
                    As showcased at a previous VG+ Leeds record playing session, I designed my own Wurzels t-shirt in the style of the Ramones. After I put a photo of it on the Wurzels Facebook group the guy from the market who printed the t-shirt for me was inundated by orders from the West Country cider drinking community. He now lives in a massive mansion made of gold while I'm still huddled in a cold dark shed full of old comedy records. C'est la vie.
                    Has to be said - it was an excellent T-shirt!
                    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

A wealthy French tourist once bought my Stray Cats T-shirt OFF MY BACK on the Greek island of Ios.
                      I walked back to my tent topless, with loadsamoney in my pocket.
                      Later I went to a cafe, said good morning to the waiter and was brought squid on a plate, because good morning sounds like squid in Greek.
                      I also got hit in the face by a flying beetle, but that's another story.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
                        Primark sells Nirvana, Motorhead, Sex Pistols, Slipknot shirts.
                        the past gets re packaged and re sold. the models in primark windows are dressed like I was dressed in 1993.
                        wearing a band shirt now doesn't mean you even like the band, you might not have even heard the band, you might not even know it is a band..

this must be what it was like in the 90s for My parents, seeing me in Hendrix / zeppelin shirts...
                        Except you knew who they were and, I presume, you didn't pay £200 for the t shirts.
                        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                          A wealthy French tourist once bought my Stray Cats T-shirt OFF MY BACK on the Greek island of Ios.
                          I walked back to my tent topless, with loadsamoney in my pocket.
                          Later I went to a cafe, said good morning to the waiter and was brought squid on a plate, because good morning sounds like squid in Greek.
                          I also got hit in the face by a flying beetle, but that's another story.
                          Never thought about it but you are absolutely correct Kalimera is Good morning and kalamari is squid. Never been to Ios btw.
                          Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                            Pic of the Wuramonezels t-shirt please Agnes!!!
                            I've got a picture of it in action somewhere, but this is the design: the dragon and mace from the Somerset coat of arms, an apple tree branch and subtly edited text.

The Downstairs Lounge
                            http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                            http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Ha - That's ace

Comment

Working...
                              X