• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record diggin' TED talk.

...no really

https://thevinylfactory.com/news/wat...ecord-digging/
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

“We need to get over this superstar digger phase we seem to be stuck into these days,” he says

what is a superstar digger?
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I have bitter experience of TED Talks.

At the gates of Hell Lucifer greets everybody with a TED talk on aspects of how they can achieve personal and professional fulfilment during their eternity in damnation.

Once you enter Hell, it's TED Talks from then on. For ever and ever and ever.

Imagine a butterfly brushes against an iron ball the size of the earth every 1,000 years. When that iron ball has worn away completely, eternity has just begun.This is how it feels about seven minutes into a TED Talk.
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
        I have bitter experience of TED Talks.

At the gates of Hell Lucifer greets everybody with a TED talk on aspects of how they can achieve personal and professional fulfilment during their eternity in damnation.

Once you enter Hell, it's TED Talks from then on. For ever and ever and ever.

Imagine a butterfly brushes against an iron ball the size of the earth every 1,000 years. When that iron ball has worn away completely, eternity has just begun.This is how it feels about seven minutes into a TED Talk.
        I've been subjected to TED talks at work in the past and can only agree Shaun.
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

vinyls
          All the Wolpertingers

Comment

TED?

Luckily I don't have any idea what this acronym stands for...

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
              TED?

Luckily I don't have any idea what this acronym stands for...
              Technology, Entertainment and Design.

Honestly, you'd rather spend 10 minutes getting your head kicked in by a bunch of fat greasy old teds than watch a TED talk.
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Curiosity killed the cat and I just subjected myself to this TED talk...

I can't disagree with anything he says but it really is cringeworthy and patronising. Far too many worried looking, overly earnest audience members nodding in amazement as he spells out a basic truth.

Do people really need to be reminded to open up their ears and follow their musical instincts - rather than just swallow what the music industry or even "superstar" diggers are currently peddling?

They'd be better off spending the 15 minutes browsing the depths of youtube for musical treats, clicking on anything which takes their fancy... you where right Shaun!
                In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

I am very happy this one exists.

G
                  Elephant and dwarf they call them, Pepe Kalle and his little
                  stage dancing friend Emoro.

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
                    vinyls
                    Yeah. Now we know he's an imposter!!
                    https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

What a pretentious arseh*le. Just before he flashed the picture of the worlds most famous fictional archeologist, I thought to myself "Aah, he's one of those guys, one of those deluded souls who thinks he's a curator, not a collector; he think he's an adventurer on the vinyl frontier, like Indiana Jones" and sure enough the Indiana Jones slide appeared on the screen behind him a few moments later.

I've no idea who he is but there's something about this kind of vainglorious idiot that tells you he's not going to turn out to be a Rockabilly collector. Or a Hair Metal collector. Or 60s garage rock. I mean, he's not exactly Tim Warren. It'll be jazz or trip-hop or eskimo funk or somesuch (nothing wrong with any of these genres, needless to say).

But why weren't people laughing at him?!
                      Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
                        But why weren't people laughing at him?!
                        Because TED attendees are only marginally less pretentious than TED lecturers!!!???
                        "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X