Radio Program Music (KPM off-shoot?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Program Music (KPM off-shoot?)

Just found a library on the Radio Program Music label called "The Oscar Brandenburg Orchestra Volume 2" - never seen this label before, but everything about it would point to it being a KPM off-shoot from 1971 (label, address, typography etc.).

Mostly jazzy, but one good track by David Lindup "Scufflin'" - anyone have any info? Sermad? Lord Thames?
    Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

I don't think I know that label actually. If you can show the lp I can say if Ive seen them before. I know is that 'Oscar Brandenburg' is an alias.

From memory david lindup has written for KPM, Themes, Bruton, Amphonic and Apollosound.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
      I don't think I know that label actually.
      Yikes, must be rare then...

Not sure how to post up images, but I can email you a photo. Cover is plain blue with purple rim and in the middle the start of a bar of music, but the five lines become a kind of sine wave. The record label is the same layout as KPM but says "Radio Program Music" instead.

C'mon Lord Thames, put me out my misery!

Comment

I always assumed it was a classical off-shoot of KPM. It's very easy to upload pics Just hit the manage attachments button at the bottom. Easy-peasy.
        I'll tell you what............. What.
        What ?

Comment

Originally posted by aiff
          Easy-peasy.
          Well, let's see if a luddite like me can manage...

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One
            C'mon Lord Thames, put me out my misery!
            Hello - my computer's almost back to normal now, so here I am!

Anyway, I'm vaguely familiar with the RPM series - they are indeed an offshoot of KPM, though I'm not sure why they were done.

Oscar Brandenburg himself is a joint pseudonym for Alan Moorhouse, Neil Richardson and Johnny Pearson, with a bunch of top Brit sessioneers (including Kenny Clare on drums) flown over to EMI Studios in Cologne. There were three OB LPs which were used a fair bit on the test card, and have acquired suitably legendary status as a result. The sessions date from around 1968, as they were used on the test card from that year, so the BBC must have got their hands on the tapes first!

The only other one I know about is one by the Jean Monet Orchestra (Syd Dale) with Shake Keane on flugelhorn.

I know someone who knows more about these LPs than I do, so I'll see if I can get some more info - all I'll add is that as an Oscar Brandenburg fan I'm dead jealous!

Comment

I bow down before your infinite knowledge and thank you once again. I'm sure you're due an upgrade from Lord at some point too... Prince Thames? King Thames?

There's another volume in the shop, I'll pop back and get it - think it was mostly jazz though...

Comment

Jazz libraries are really sought after dude...
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Working...
                X