Duke of Hazard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke of Hazard

How much does Duke of Burlington's 'The Pressed Piano' go for? I've been offered one for £20 and am not sure whether I can be arsed.

£20 buys a lot of Haribo Sour Mix you see.
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

It's no bargain...... abaout the going rate depending on the press ? There are quite a few different ones.
    Matt Hero

Comment

Cheers dude.

Gut feeling was to leave it there.

Now then, just wait til Tesco do their 2-for-1 offer on Haribo and reap the benefits of my parsimony.
      Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

While we're on the subject can someone clear something up for me. Marquis of Kensington and Duke of Burlington are the same, right? (I think they're different names for different country of release or something.)

There's also a version on Bell, on the B-side of something, in the UK, which is nearly the same but probably a bit better, a bit tighter (IMO). (Anyone remember the name, it escapes me now?) I know this one is definitely by Mike Leander, but are the others also by him? Someone told me they were, but I don't have Duke of Burlington so can't check.
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby
          There's also a version on Bell, on the B-side of something, in the UK, which is nearly the same but probably a bit better, a bit tighter (IMO). (Anyone remember the name, it escapes me now?) I know this one is definitely by Mike Leander, but are the others also by him? Someone told me they were, but I don't have Duke of Burlington so can't check.
          Hot Rocks 'Chopper' (nice clav - an LDJB special )

I can't check Duke Of Burlington versus Hot Rocks right now but if noone else can help (and if I can remember)...
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Bill, would that be 'Hot Rocks' by Chopper ? There is also something out there by 'Count of Badmington' or something too.... but never seen it in the wild.
            Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo
              How much does Duke of Burlington's 'The Pressed Piano' go for? I've been offered one for £20 and am not sure whether I can be arsed.

£20 buys a lot of Haribo Sour Mix you see.
              Im into Maynards sours at the moment, some tounge kicking action going on there, Haribo's are the don though.
              You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Originally posted by BoneyVotel
                Haribo's are the don though.
                I object to Haribo's on the basis of their terrifyingly bad adverts. I've only ever eaten then when a kind eBay seller included a pack amongst the records he sold me.
                You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Cant remember seeing any adverts of haribo's!
                  Im digging that new KFC one when he asks her to "take it upstairs" in front of the kids.
                  You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Pffft to Haribo - get thee to Marks & Sparks and pick up a bag of Percy Pigs.

A fine confection if ever there was one.

Comment

No way Greg - them piggies just ain't got the juice compared to Haribo Sour Mix. They proper get your mouth rockin' !
                      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by BoneyVotel
                        Cant remember seeing any adverts of haribo's!
                        Im digging that new KFC one when he asks her to "take it upstairs" in front of the kids.
                        If ever there was single post guaranteed to boil Nick Cope's blood...

Evidently you don't watch enough kids TV Boney Fresh - the Haribo's ads make Baby Bel and those cheese string ones look like the height of wit and sophistication.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture
                          No way Greg - them piggies just ain't got the juice compared to Haribo Sour Mix. They proper get your mouth rockin' !
                          Gyah!

A sweet treat for the tonsils the Sour mix maybe, but the three hours worth of after taste and piggie burps far outweigh such a kiddie treat. Percy's for the grown ups, Sours for the offspring!

Comment

Originally posted by Belson
                            Percy's for the grown ups, Sours for the offspring!

No way Greg, me and you gonna have to agree to disagree on this topic bro... My little lad is loving those piggie shaped sweets from M&S, but he's flinching at the sour mix!
                            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

whatever you do, avoid the Haribo attempt at Dolly Mixtures... a travesty!

Comment

Working...
                              X